Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520

/ Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520 #1  

Ed G

Tractor
(Soon to be) 2520, 200cx, 46 BH, 727A ZTM, Gator, LX279
As a new member to this forum this is my very first post....I want to say up front thank you all for the info here - it has been very helpful; and I also want to apologize in advance for what is a long first post, as well as for what may be "rookie" questions!

I just sold my JD 790 w/#70FEL and #7BH (I was very pleased with the 790, but I need to get a tractor with a hydro trans to accommodate some recent family handicap issues). I need the tractor for general work/landscaping around my farm and house, plowing snow, and maintaining the property. I already have a Gator and a 727 for mowing, so I will not really need to mow with the new tractor. My wife and father-in-law (who is somewhat handicapped and also owns a JD 4200 w/FEL and BH) will also drive this.

I have two separate used tractors I am looking at:

#1 - Used 2006 2520 w/77hrs, 200x FEL and 46BH for $16,500...this is my first choice b/c it has a backhoe and lower hours (I did confirm through JD that the tractor is free & clear financially)
#2 - Used 2005 4310 w/298 hrs, 430FEL and 60" mower deck for $16,500....this may be a bit larger than I really need (my neighbor has one), and I would need to purchase a backhoe (I would sell the 60" mower deck).

I would like any feedback/reccomendations you all may have...some of my questions/concerns are:
- How will the FEL and BH power of the 2520 compare to the 790 I have now? Based on the specs I have reviewed is should be MORE powerful...
- How will the 2520 compare to the overall power of the 4200 my FIL has now?
- Have there been any significant design changes in the 2520 since 2006 (e.g., rear wheel spacing)?
- Is the power of the 200x the same as the 200cx FEL (I do understand the 200x is not the quick-tatch).
- Any guesses as to how much a backhoe would be for a 4310 (installed)?
- Any guesses as to how much $$ I could get for a used 60" mower deck?

Any guidance or recommendations you can add??

Just a side note - I have been working with two separate JD dealers through this process both of whom have been exceptionally helpful and responsive - even after they knew I had mad the decision to purchase a used tractor.

/ Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520 #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

I will take my best shot:

- How will the FEL and BH power of the 2520 compare to the 790 I have now? Based on the specs I have reviewed is should be MORE powerful...
It will be stronger, especially the loader. The 70 loader was very weak.
- How will the 2520 compare to the overall power of the 4200 my FIL has now?
The 4200 was often considered underpowered at 28HP because of the size of it, I think the 2520 will "feel" stronger.
- Have there been any significant design changes in the 2520 since 2006 (e.g., rear wheel spacing)?
Just to the 3PH lower arms, they were re-designed because of tire rubbing problems, lots of threads about this in the JD forum.
- Is the power of the 200x the same as the 200cx FEL (I do understand the 200x is not the quick-tatch).
It share's the same specs as the CX, and the X can be upgraded by buying the extra parts.
- Any guesses as to how much a backhoe would be for a 4310 (installed)?
$7000.00 is a very close estimate.
- Any guesses as to how much $$ I could get for a used 60" mower deck?
$1000 to $1500 average, $2000 if you are real lucky.

/ Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520
Thanks Kenny....very helpful and much appreciated!!

/ Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520
Sorry - I just realized this belongs in the JD forum...I will re-post it there (since I do not think I can "move" it). My apologies.

/ Purchasing Help on used John Deere 2520 #5  
Sorry - I just realized this belongs in the JD forum...I will re-post it there (since I do not think I can "move" it). My apologies.

If you click the RED/WHITE triangle under your username you can ask a moderator to move it so as not to have double-post's.