Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #11  
Years ago I was with State Farm and one day an agent with another major company came into my office and gave me a quote on my house, cars, umbrella..all of it and I told him it was about the same as what I was paying with State Farm...and then I found out he was quoting me on for a year vs. 6 months...His quote was about 1/2 of what I had been paying State Farm..I have been with them for over 20 years now and what few claims we have had have been paid ..pays to check around you might get a surprise like I did.

/ Tractor Insurance #13  
Farm Bureau is the lowest rates I have found. I've had State Farm, Ameriprise, Allstate, and several others.

I switched to Farm Bureau after a recommendation from a friend at work. Since then my parents, my inlaws, my sisters family, my brother in law, my grandmother, and several other friends have switched to Farm Bureau. As odd as it sounds I have yet to have anyone I have told do a comparison and find Farm Bureau to be higher.

/ Tractor Insurance #14  
My tractor is covered on State Farm, seperate from homeowners. I too take my tractor to the woods, if something is going to happen to it woods work will do it.

My price is 137.00 a year. I have found State Farm to be cheaper for me on all my stuff.

/ Tractor Insurance #15  
I have mine on my commercial auto policy. It adds about 140/$ year to the price.

/ Tractor Insurance #16  
I believe that KTAC Insurance Agency will provide insurance for other brands. I pay less than $120 a year for theft / fire / accident insurance on my B21 with a fixed value of a little over $13K.

/ Tractor Insurance #17  
There have been many threads on this subject, all with the same result. You need to look at INLAND MARINE for the best coverage for our tractors and equipment, especially if you use it for anything off your property and sometimes even on your property.
Example I have two houses with 4 apts on the same parcel ,I live in one of the apts. and wanted to use my tractor for variuous chores here and discovered that it would not be covered under my home owners or landlord policies, because any rental property is considered commercial and does not cover the tractor and equipment. If I go plow snow for the elderly neighbor it wasn't covered etc,etc.

So I found a company that would carry me with Inland Marine , then I went to a FARM SHOW, and talked to an insurance agent that specialized in rural and ag insurance and discovered I was getting ripped off by the first company. The old policy only covered my tractor and none off my equipt. The new one was HALF the money for twice the coverage and they included all my equipment. The only thing I didn't get a rider for was excavation with the backhoe, that adds a lot ,so I'm very careful about that work.

Anyway search the threads for INLAND MARINE ,you'll find lots of them.
BTW the company I have is WAYNE COOPERATIVE INSURANCE, in Clyde NY, I believe its a farmers coop. company.
So get covered, even if you don't plan to use it off your property, get protected.

/ Tractor Insurance #18  
Oh yeah , I pay about $375 for $29000 coverage without a deductible, to give you an idea.

/ Tractor Insurance #19  
Oh yeah , I pay about $375 for $29000 coverage without a deductible, to give you an idea.

I pay $92 a year on a 27,000 tractor with Farm Bureau.:)

/ Tractor Insurance #20  
I believe that KTAC Insurance Agency will provide insurance for other brands. I pay less than $120 a year for theft / fire / accident insurance on my B21 with a fixed value of a little over $13K.
I notice there is no liability coverage is that correct ?