Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #31  
I'd have to go back and check the limits but the way it was explained to me is that (keep in mind that my homeowners and auto are with the same company) usage of my tractor for maintenance of my primary residence is covered under my homeowners and when transporting it to my other property is covered under my auto (I do have full coverage). But nap61 you're correct I should make sure it's in writing.

/ Tractor Insurance #32  
This sounds odd or suspectious to me .
Ah, Wayne Coop, have you had a claim with them??

Back in 1995 my parents had *5 outbuildings burn to the ground (including Dad's shop full of tools that he had collected since he was a teenager) and Wayne Coop fought tooth and nail to not have to pay the claim. "Why did you have 8 pairs of vise grips?" (in a shop) was typical of the objections they had to the claim. Then they claimed that we were making up things (like the snowblower for the bolens tractor, the remains of which were clearly visible) or the horse drawn grain drill (the remains of which were also clearly visible)

IIRC they paid about 1/2 of the replacement cost of what was lost (on a "replacement cost" policy), the state ins comission wouldn't do anything "because there were disputes as to whether or not everything we claimed was actually lost in the fire".

This is after Mom and Dad made a spreadsheet with everything that was lost and the replacement cost (including sources to replace them).

There was another person we know in Butler who had his shop burn down about a month before ours did and he got the same BS from them (and also got about half of the replacement cost from his "replacement cost" policy).

YMMV (and they may have changed since 1995/1996) but that was my parents experience with them.

Aaron Z

/ Tractor Insurance #33  
This sounds odd or suspectious to me .

The fire marshal determined that it was started from burn barrel, there was trash that had been rained on and someone put new trash on top of it and burned it, he said that it appeared that a piece of trash flew out and lit the loose hay in one barn on fire and the rest went from there. Three of the barns were almost touching and the milkhouse and the other barn that burned were less than 50 feet away (and were downwind from the burning barns). The fire department had an unheard of 5 minute response time (they are 3-4 mins from the house) and they were barely able to save the house and one barn. There ended up being 5 fire departments who responded to the fire and the smoke was visible 5-10 miles away.

Aaron Z