Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #1  

HarleyRiders97

Tractor
McCormick CT41
Does anyone know where I can obtain insurance for my new McCormick tractor? My homeowners policy (agent) originally told me it was covered under homeowners but now they are saying it is not, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

/ Tractor Insurance #2  
See if your Home owners insurance can give you a "rider" plan to cover it.

/ Tractor Insurance #3  
I believe state farm offers tractor insurance policies.

/ Tractor Insurance #4  
I had to go to Cooperators (Co-op) to get mine, and they would insure it at a higher rate until I take my house and car insurance there as well.

/ Tractor Insurance #5  
I called my State Farm agent yesterday to inquire about coverage on my tractors. They are covered under my homeowners policy for my use on my land. They are not covered if someone else uses them, if I take them off my land, or if I use them for commercial purposes. While the land is in agriculture use, it's hay and a farmer does all the cutting. I keep the place tidied up and keep the field edges clean but since that's not directly related to agriculture and is more a keep the value of the property up (just like mowing a lawn) it's OK. I explicitly asked about the tractors and gave their values (this is a JD 4520 with cab). BTW, we have home, auto, and an umbrella with them and don't claim things unless it's over $2500 or so.

So for this casual tractor user / weekend warrior that's all I need, and it's another good reason not to loan anything out.

Pete

/ Tractor Insurance #6  
Try a place called :
CNH Capital Insurance Agency
5729 Washington Ave
Racine, WI 53406
877-814-1635

They got us insurance from a place called
Wesco Insurance Company
55 Capital Boulevard
PO Box 758
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

We got this recently and the home state was Alabama.

State Farm told me (live in Texas) that the tractor was covered under my homeowners while it's on my property (bring them pictures, etc). I take it off the property and it's not covered. I trailer it (from AL to TX) and it's not covered even on my covered trailer behind my covered truck. I use it to make money it's not covered. I bring it to a friends house to do free help and not covered. On the road to get to another of my own properties, not covered.

It's cheap. $95 for a year for $12,000 physical damage insurance and a low deductible (too low maybe) of $200.

Notice it's not for theft though so if you leave it somewhere else you need to have it locked down well. If it gets taken from my house it's covered by State Farm just like if someone took my riding lawn mower. And also notice there is no liability insurance so don't go somewhere else off your property and start throwing rocks with your bush hog. ;)

/ Tractor Insurance #7  
I found the same as eepete. All of my insurance is with State Farm. You can get them to cover it as long as it stays on your property. However, one of the main reasons I bought my tractor was to work at our hunting lease. My agent was able to find a work-around. He knew about this because he bought a tractor for the same reason.

I went ahead and insured it through them, but later changed it. I financed my tractor on one of the 0%, 60 month specials offered this summer. I found out that the finance company would insure it for about half what State Farm was charging, ~$120 per year vs ~$240.

/ Tractor Insurance #8  
Do you have a Farm Bureau in your county? They do all types of insurance. I think that farm business is their speciality.

/ Tractor Insurance #9  
I bought a commercial policy underwritten by a company called Acuity. You can look them up on the internet to find a local agent. It covers my tractor and mowing and landscape type work. I didn't cover for excavation. It costs about $450.00 per year.

/ Tractor Insurance #10  
I have all my insurance with State Farm. My tractor and implements would be covered under my homeowners policy while on my property but not while in transit or on any other property. I had them insure it and the implements under an inland marine policy which covers it anywhere. It was relatively cheap.

Norm