gc2400 vs bx2360

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #1  

kendive

Bronze Member
I like both drove both but still having a hard time deciding between them...

I have both dealers here so support and warranty would be no problem on either.

The GC2400 with loader is about $60 cheaper than the BX2360 with loader.

MF is doing the 0% for 72 and Kubota is doing the 0% for 60 not a big deal to me there...

MF dealer will do the 50 hour changing all fluids for free I just buy the filters and Kubota says I have to pay for the service completely.

Ok lets look at the tractors.............

Just some facts from the brochures

BX2360 has higher ground clearance than the GC2400 by a couple of inches.

GC2400 has a bigger Displacement on the Engine.

GC2400 has more lift capacity by almost double than the BX2360 at hitch point (3 point hitch)

GC2400 weighs more than the BX2360 by 110 Lbs.

BX2360 has a higher gpm on the the hydralics by 2 gpm then the GC2400

Choices... Man they are hard...

Help me out and let me know what you all think?

Thanks.

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #2  
Both are good but as a brand Kubota is hard to beat. The resale on the Kubota is also higher...

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #3  
I just bought and I was down to the GC4210 and the BX25. I went with the GC based on personal preference for the pedal placement and the fact that the GC could be run at much lower rpm and still be able to use the hydraulics effectively. (Although not a factor for you, the GC BH was quite a bit nicer than the BX backhoe) The BX needed to be revved up to make it go. The larger displacement motor (and perhaps the extra weight) made the GC "feel" like more tractor. I preferred the loader bucket of the BX. I'm not sure the 3PH capacities are really much different. You may have been comparing capacity at the pins vs capacity 24" behind the pins? All that said I would be totally satisfied with either. Both are really nice machines with just slightly different trade offs in features.

Take your pick and you will be happy with either one.

/ gc2400 vs bx2360
I just bought and I was down to the GC4210 and the BX25. I went with the GC based on personal preference for the pedal placement and the fact that the GC could be run at much lower rpm and still be able to use the hydraulics effectively. (Although not a factor for you, the GC BH was quite a bit nicer than the BX backhoe) The BX needed to be revved up to make it go. The larger displacement motor (and perhaps the extra weight) made the GC "feel" like more tractor. I preferred the loader bucket of the BX. I'm not sure the 3PH capacities are really much different. You may have been comparing capacity at the pins vs capacity 24" behind the pins? All that said I would be totally satisfied with either. Both are really nice machines with just slightly different trade offs in features.

Take your pick and you will be happy with either one.

Your right... I am leaning towards the Massey just because when I went there today I felt welcomed and talked to the owner and he was very confident in his products and knowledgeable in them. I meet everyone in the service dept and they do the 50 hour service for free. I just buy the filters.

The Kubota salesman just did not know alot. Told me that the BX2360 would not work with a post hold digger until I showed him the brochure showing one on it. It just seemed like he was there to take me and was overconfident because he was selling kubota. Never showed me the service dept and when I asked about the 50 hour service he just brushed me off and said it;s my problem.

Seems like the Kubota has had it's problems...
compact tractor review.com/review/Kubota/BX24.aspx?page=1

Take spaces out...

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #5  
Your right... I am leaning towards the Massey just because when I went there today I felt welcomed and talked to the owner and he was very confident in his products and knowledgeable in them. I meet everyone in the service dept and they do the 50 hour service for free. I just buy the filters.

The Kubota salesman just did not know alot. Told me that the BX2360 would not work with a post hold digger until I showed him the brochure showing one on it. It just seemed like he was there to take me and was overconfident because he was selling kubota. Never showed me the service dept and when I asked about the 50 hour service he just brushed me off and said it;s my problem.

That is interesting. I had a very similar experience as well. The Massey dealer was more knowledgeable, very straight forward and just plain warmer. The owner of the Bota dealer was a bit of a used car salesman. Tried to give me the story that "they use a better grade of steel"...

/ gc2400 vs bx2360
That is interesting. I had a very similar experience as well. The Massey dealer was more knowledgeable, very straight forward and just plain warmer. The owner of the Bota dealer was a bit of a used car salesman. Tried to give me the story that "they use a better grade of steel"...

Yep that's is want happen to me at the Kubota dealer. I walked from there feeling like if I had a problem with a product I buy there I would not get the service I deserve...

and maybe I am wrong and I just got the wrong salesman...

Makes me not want to ever go there again...

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #7  
Yep that's is want happen to me at the Kubota dealer. I walked from there feeling like if I had a problem with a product I buy there I would not get the service I deserve...

and maybe I am wrong and I just got the wrong salesman...

Makes me not want to ever go there again...

They are both nice machines, but I think you have your answer...

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #8  
Be grateful you have the choice, I guess. In my area, we have no MF dealers. I have three great Kubota dealerships from which to choose. I would have loved to compare the MF, as my childhood was centered around a Massey-Harris and I know the modern machines are quite nice. But I did not have the choice you have. Additionally, MF doesn't really offer a model in the 18 horse slot, with it's much lower price point. Kubota did. You'll make a good choice and love it. BTW, I love my Kubota and my dealer is wonderful. Sorry to hear about your experience.

/ gc2400 vs bx2360
Be grateful you have the choice, I guess. In my area, we have no MF dealers. I have three great Kubota dealerships from which to choose. I would have loved to compare the MF, as my childhood was centered around a Massey-Harris and I know the modern machines are quite nice. But I did not have the choice you have. Additionally, MF doesn't really offer a model in the 18 horse slot, with it's much lower price point. Kubota did. You'll make a good choice and love it. BTW, I love my Kubota and my dealer is wonderful. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Yep... and I am thinking about the GC2410 TLB... Don't really need a backhoe but if you get the GC2400 you can't ever add the backhoe later... Just hard to justify the extra cost up front.

/ gc2400 vs bx2360 #10  
Can you adjust the mower height from the seat on the massey?