Front loader grapple

/ Front loader grapple #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
Does anyone know where I can purchase a grapple that would attach to my new Kybota B7500? I have five acre woodlot that has tons of brush and and logs from previous cuttings. Here's a picture of my birthday present the wife got me to do the work.

Attachments

• 46-173143-Birthday.jpg
    46-173143-Birthday.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 156
   / Front loader grapple
Ooops I meant Kubota..

/ Front loader grapple #3  
I got an AnBo grapple from a local JD dealer. You can reach AnBo direct at (509) 684-3330.
The grapple has been incredibly useful. It is pretty heavy and needs some counterweight. I use a 1200 lb concrete weight on the 3ph when using the grapple.

/ Front loader grapple #4  
<font color=blue>Here's a picture of my birthday present</font color=blue>

Now that's one heckuva birthday present ya got there, Tawoo! Is that a new tractor, too? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>Ooops I meant Kubota.. </font color=blue>

Didja know that for 12 hours after you post a message you can go back and edit it yourself?
smile.gif

Good luck on your grapple search. I still can't decide if I want to go that route myself or just get a 4-in-1 bucket. I have plenty of time, though, since right now I can't afford either.
crazy.gif

/ Front loader grapple #5  
Happy Birthday! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Neat present. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Congrats! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Try this link to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://carverequipment.com/wrlong_loader_attachments.htm>W.R. Long</A> for your grapple needs. They also have Four-in-One buckets. Carver Equipment handles their attachments, but I'm sure someone local to you does, too. Good luck. I hope this helps. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Front loader grapple
McLuen,
Any pictures of it? I'll give them a call.
Thanks!

/ Front loader grapple
Thanks G-i-I,
I'll check out the link. Your one of the many "good tips folks" I look for.

/ Front loader grapple
Thanks, Harv for the tip. I didn't know.

/ Front loader grapple #9  
Tawoo
Congrats on the new tractor and Birthday. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I checked on a ATI grapple. It is a good unit but is very heavy.
There was a thread recently that had some suggestion on moving limbs. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=169920&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post169920>Click here</A>. There may be some good ideas to help.

/ Front loader grapple #10  
I have an ATI grapple on my B2410. It works great for me, but you may run into a few problems on the B7500. First grapples are heavy. Second a 4 in 1 bucket is even heavier. Third and this is the big one. Most grapples are designed to fit buckets larger than found on most compact tractors.None of these things is a show stopper as long as you know going in that you will be able to lift less weight with your loader (about 200 lbs). On a compact there are two installation options, at least for the ATI. Option one is to cut most of the length off the grapple teeth and install the rest of the unit per factory spec. I did not like this because the whole idea is to have the teeth for hooking vines and grabbing limbs and logs. (also works great for loose material like mulch, you can double your carry volume)Option two is to raise the entire unit up buy lengthning the brackets that attach to the sides of the bucket such that it will close properly against the bottom of the bucket without hanging below the bucket, with the full length teeth. When you look at pictures on the ATI website imagine the bar that the teeth mount on being twice as high above the bucket.The only other problem with these units is that the hydro hoses required to operate it must by necessity be quite long to allow for bucket roll and curl. This means that the hoses are always hanging down behind the bucket and you have to watch that they don't catch on anything. Also the ATI unit has the cylinder mounted right out front where it can get hit and damaged. I am working on a guard to solve this problem, bungees help with the hoses, but don't solve the problem completely.One last thing is the mounting of the lever to operate the thing. We were able to design a platform for mounting that put the lever just to the right of the FEL joystick. With practice you can operate both the FEL and the grapple with one hand in concert. Most people mount the lever on the fender. this requires you to operate either the loader OR the grapple as separate devices. Not the best arrangement. Don't forget to add quick disconnects to the lines so you can still remove your loader. I put them at the bucket and at the control valve so I could release either end.I would still recomment this option, but if I were doing it again I might buy a second bucket so I could change out when I don't want to have it on the machine.Good luck.