Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #1  

kendive

Bronze Member
I have been reading alot about Kubota's HST fan being exposed and they are just now putting a skid plate in place to protect the HST fan and there alot of pictures showing the underside of the Kubota BX

Now on the MF GC2400 does anyone have any idea or pics on the underside of it and does the HST fan have a cover on it.

:confused:

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #2  
perhaps if you went over to the massey section, you might get a metter answer sinces it MF specific.

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #3  
The fan on the Massey is in pretty much the same place. Massey was the first to come out with a guard for it, and I think both the GC2400, and the new BX series (newest ones shipped) are about equal now in protection. If you are looking though make sure you take a peek under there since there are still both on dealer's lots without the newest protection.

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan
The fan on the Massey is in pretty much the same place. Massey was the first to come out with a guard for it, and I think both the GC2400, and the new BX series (newest ones shipped) are about equal now in protection. If you are looking though make sure you take a peek under there since there are still both on dealer's lots without the newest protection.

Thanks for answering the question comparing the two brands. I guess if you are buying a new Kubota you want to make sure you are not getting on that has been on the lot for a while because it will not have the guard in place. As what you said Massey has addressed this issue first and all the GC would most likely have this guard there already.

I can't get to a dealer right now as I am 180 miles south of Mobile, AL in the Gulf of Mexico on a drilling rig.

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #5  
I can't get to a dealer right now as I am 180 miles south of Mobile, AL in the Gulf of Mexico on a drilling rig.

1> Thats awesome.
2> The Kubota guard is like $30 if the tractor does not alreayd have it.
3> Don't over think this

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #6  
I have been reading alot about Kubota's HST fan being exposed and they are just now putting a skid plate in place to protect the HST fan and there alot of pictures showing the underside of the Kubota BX

Now on the MF GC2400 does anyone have any idea or pics on the underside of it and does the HST fan have a cover on it.

:confused:

If you want, Ill be glad to email you some pics of the GC2400 so you can see what it looks like.

If you want, Ill be glad to email you some pics of the GC2400 so you can see what it looks like.

That would be great...

By the way I got my info ready for you and will be emailing soon... Email the info on the BX2660 also... Everyone on the rig is trying to talk me into the Kubota... alot of them own them. Couple of the Drillers, mechanics, Subsea guy... etc...

Thanks

1> Thats awesome.
2> The Kubota guard is like $30 if the tractor does not alreayd have it.
3> Don't over think this

Yep just road out Ida... Pretty exciting...:D

Oh $30... I was reading on here that people were making there own and buying after market ones for like $200...

Yea it's hard not to over think... I'm an ET (Electronic Tech) and all I do is think about how things work

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #9  
That would be great...

By the way I got my info ready for you and will be emailing soon... Email the info on the BX2660 also... Everyone on the rig is trying to talk me into the Kubota... alot of them own them. Couple of the Drillers, mechanics, Subsea guy... etc...

Thanks

Ken,

I'll get you some pics of both the BX2660 and the GC2400, and some info on the BX2660 as well. Its funny that you ask about the 2660 because of all the units on my yard, I have those two units looking toward each other as if they were head butting.

/ Kubota BX HST Fan Vs MF GC Series HST Fan #10  
Thanks for answering the question comparing the two brands. I guess if you are buying a new Kubota you want to make sure you are not getting on that has been on the lot for a while because it will not have the guard in place. As what you said Massey has addressed this issue first and all the GC would most likely have this guard there already.

Ken,
On the issue with the fan guard, I 'm guessing you are refering to the bottom side of the tractor. I'm not saying that anyone is wrong on here, but we just had a tractor trailer load of BX's dropped off Monday from Kubota, and not the first unit had a lower fan guard on them. So, if they don't have the guard does not mean its an old tractor in inventory. I belive this guard is going to be an option instead of being a standard item. I will find out Monday from tech support.