Specification Verification

/ Specification Verification #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
How are company specification claims verified? Is there a industry standard?

/ Specification Verification #2  
You mean power & torque?

I think the manufacturers measure it themselves and it might be verified later by the likes of this place in Nebraska which does independent testing. Don't remember this Nebraska facility's correct name and am not even sure it's still there.

/ Specification Verification
You mean power & torque?

I think the manufacturers measure it themselves and it might be verified later by the likes of this place in Nebraska which does independent testing. Don't remember this Nebraska facility's correct name and am not even sure it's still there.

Power, torque, lift capacity, digging depth etc. For example a 24HP Kubota with 1200 pound loader lift and 8' backhoe digging depth compared to a 24 HP John Deere with a 1000 pound loader and 6 1/2' digging depth. How do you know for sure the Kubota really can lift 200 pounds more etc.?

Last edited:
   / Specification Verification #4  
You mean power & torque?

It's the University of Nebraska's Tractor Test Lab

NE Tractor Test Laboratory

Still going strong.

/ Specification Verification #6  
Power, torque, lift capacity, digging depth etc. For example a 24HP Kubota with 1200 pound loader lift and 8' backhoe digging depth compared to a 24 HP John Deere with a 1000 pound loader and 6 1/2' digging depth. How do you know for sure the Kubota really can lift 200 pounds more etc.?

Thats right, we don't know.

Perhaps TBNers should get together and run their own small tractor Olympic games. Have a Dyno, weights etc on hand.

It'd grab my interest more than the other Olympic games. Hopefully there wouldn't be as much "performance enhancing drugs" and "payola" either.