30 HP CUT Comparisons

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #11  
I haven't been in a Kubota showroom for a while but I'd be surprised if Kubota dropped the B3030, especially since it was their smallest cab version and I believe was quite popular as a cab estate mower. That was the least expensive factory cab with A/C and heat on the market as I recall. It is true that the newer Bxx20 range moved much closer to the features of the 2630/3030 but none come with a cab so if Kubota did drop it they've abandoned a lucrative niche market.

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #12  
Called my local Kubota dealer this am to ask about the B3030....went straight to the source. The B3030 IS still available as new. Sounded like it would have to be ordered/brought in. They did not have one in stock, but apparently there are four cab B3030 within about 250 miles. IMO the B3030 is a really nice machine and would be worth asking your dealer about it.

Sorry for the near "rumor".
Good luck in your search.

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #13  
I have the B2920 and also found that changing the 3 point hitch attachments was a pain. I then bought a Land Pride quick hitch, and I can now hook up my 3 point attachments fairly easily, all by myself.

So I don't think that you should associate getting a bigger tractor with being able to put implements on or off any easier. It's more a question of how you accessorize you're tractor.

I was comparing my K2920 to the JD 2520 series. Their comperable I think. The K was a little cheaper and had 3 ranges in HST mode and the JD only had 2, so I went Kubota.

I'd consider selling or trading in the BX. If you're next tractor can do the work of both, why have two? Also you would have to have twice the maintence costs, and have to have twice the storage space for them. Finally the BX trade in or sale could offset the cost of the next tractor and implements.

If you do decide to mow with the K2920, their 60 inch mowing deck looks very nice. For a bagging option I'd stay away from a traditional bagger but look at a tow behind cart (Troy Built) or a PTO driven one.

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons
I wanted a 30HP range to handle implements better. My BX works fine, but sometimes struggles. Thats one reason I'm comparing the JD 2720 and K 3200 so the HP stays the same. The biiger stance of the larger tractors apears to me to be able to switch implements easier....I really have to cram myself behind the smaller tractor to attach the PTO.

I also wanted more machine to handle snowblowing and post-hole digging, the lighter BX gets tossed around a bit if you hit a rock.

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #15  
Called my local Kubota dealer this am to ask about the B3030....went straight to the source. The B3030 IS still available as new. Sounded like it would have to be ordered/brought in. They did not have one in stock, but apparently there are four cab B3030 within about 250 miles. IMO the B3030 is a really nice machine and would be worth asking your dealer about it.

Sorry for the near "rumor".
Good luck in your search.

The B3030 & B2630 are in year 5 of their run, I would expect the 3030 to be around for a while as its sold very,very well?

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #16  
The CK30 comes standard with a QA adapter for the loader so you could use any skidsteer mount front blower and run it off a rear remote. None of the CUTs can run the high hydraulic flow implements but I don't think snow blowers are in that category.

Almost no CUT can run a hydraulic blower, the pressures aren't high enough even when the flows are. There is a recent threrad on this on the attachment forum. Hydraulic blowers for CUT's require a PTO powered pump and reservoir and quickly get very pricey.

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #17  
Almost no CUT can run a hydraulic blower, the pressures aren't high enough even when the flows are. There is a recent threrad on this on the attachment forum. Hydraulic blowers for CUT's require a PTO powered pump and reservoir and quickly get very pricey.

I suspect you are correct. In the case of the CK30 I think the max hydraulic output is a little over 12gal/min with pressures in the 2500psi range. That would certainly be borderline or below for a six foot snowblower but I wonder if it would be enough for a five footer?

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #18  
I suspect you are correct. In the case of the CK30 I think the max hydraulic output is a little over 12gal/min with pressures in the 2500psi range. That would certainly be borderline or below for a six foot snowblower but I wonder if it would be enough for a five footer?

I think that the 12.7 GPM is a combined figure. Probably more like 8-9 GPM? Or does Kioti only have 1 pump? :confused:

/ 30 HP CUT Comparisons #20  
The B3030 & B2630 are in year 5 of their run, I would expect the 3030 to be around for a while as its sold very,very well?
Hi LawKing
I've been reading this and other threads as I too am in the quest for the perfect 30'ish HP CUT. Noticed that you have the Grand L3540, wondering if you considered the Grand L3240 as a candidate. My dealer said the price difference btwn the B3030 cab and the Grand L3240 cab was small, but performance difference were big, so the 3240 is a contender for my dollar, but the step up to yourr L3540 or even the 3940 is not out of the question. I'm thinking of HP to the PTO with HST+ and air conditioning, etc. Currently have a BX2200 that I'm trying to sell before I commit to dealer's trade-in offer. My uses include about 70% mowing, and 30% other implement use - but I have some heavy dirt work projects tp get through. Anyway, in my area, central Texas, the cab option with A/C is a priority for me...I'm digging the creature comforts these days... Your comments, others are welcome.