Snowblower Which would you buy?

/ Snowblower Which would you buy? #1  

vettemanwight

Gold Member
Im lookiing for a new snowblower. I can get a left over Lucknow 79" for $1700 manual crank or a new Meteor hyd crank for $2900 Ive had a Lucknow before and was happy with it, Meteor looks like a well built machine . thanks for opinions V

/ Snowblower Which would you buy? #2  
How much snow do you get? If you get a lot, get a front blower, otherwise a rear blower would be OK. I am not familiar with the brands that you mentioned. My blower is a Kubota nameplate, I believe made in Canada. Here is a picture of my setup. We get a lot of snow:

Right-front-Kubota-driveway.jpg

/ Snowblower Which would you buy?
I forgot to mention. I have a Kubota with a glideshift no mid PTO so it will be a 3 pth

/ Snowblower Which would you buy? #4  
This is the third season for my Martin Meteor 60" blower and it has been great.

rimshot

Attachments

• CK-20 rear view cab enclosure (Medium).JPG
    CK-20 rear view cab enclosure (Medium).JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 247
   / Snowblower Which would you buy? #5  
That's a big difference in price. There are several threads posted about customizing snow throwers to add electric or hydraulic controls for moving the shute.

/ Snowblower Which would you buy? #6  
Is the chute rotator hydraulic too? Figure minimum of $2500 for the blower, and that is bare minimum. What is your budget??

Ok guys I apologize for not giving more details, it was 130am when I started this post. Ok as for a budget I want what is the best deal for the money. It doesnt have to be the cheapest, I want a snowblower that will last. I had a Woods and it was not made as heavy as I like.I can get a Meteor 75" for $2700 manual crank and $2900 for hyd. I could get manual and add hyd but for $200 I dont think I could buy all the parts for it, also it is a hyd motor which I prefer over the cyl. I snowblower about 250' of my driveway and about 100' for a neighbor. about once a year I have to do fil driveway which is about 2000' long with all the parking and turn arounds. So basically Im asking which is the best blower for the money???????? V

/ Snowblower Which would you buy? #8  
For a 3pt hitch snowblower, I like the looks of the new JD Frontier models. I believe that they are made by RAD in Canada, and are basically the same as the Blizzard blowers. I was surprised that I also got the lowest price quote on them. I was quoted a 54" manual rotation, etc. for $2175. One dealer quoted a bit over $2700 for the same thing in Blizzard red.

Well I bought my snowblower today! Thanks to Galen LaWall of Lawalls Tractors in Batavia NY. Its a 75" Meteor with a hydralic rotating chute. Thanks Galen ! I would be picking it up next week but the wife and I are heading to Fla for a little vacation so I guess i wont need it for awhile .