Why are these scams allowed to be posted

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #1  

jwalk2c

Tractor
Ford 1520- 1987, Deere Track Loader 455G- 1997, Wheel horse C160 x 3 , 418-8 , 314-8
Hello everyone, my first post and I aplogize for a negative subject but why do these scams on Ebay and Grigs list still florush.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/grd/1490102718.html

I assume :confused:this is a scam since the seller want let me come see the tractor and of course the selling price is a dead give away. They always price them for about 1/2 of the normal selling price.

Well if its not a scam somebody better jump on this deal.
I have been reading this forum for over 2 years and dreaming of buying a tractor.
I spent a lot of time looking and finally found something I could afford.
Anyway, its really discourging to see these scams and if somebody has a suggestion for what to do about this one.
The seller is very prompt to reply.
Thanks for allowing me to rant, if this is the wrong forum I will be glad to move the post.
Thank You
jwalk2c

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #2  
It has alraedy been flagged for removal!

Deano

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #3  
I always flag them when I see them. They are pretty obvious once you've seen a few.

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted
Hey thanks for the suggestion to flag them, I did not know there was such a tool.
Johnny Walker

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #5  
Because a lot of people fall for them.... I saw one scam and it was flagged and taken down but someone still posted an ad: "RE: kubuta for $4,999 - e-mail me, I want it" So I replied to them and told them that it is a scam (even wrote how the scam goes). They replied back, "What time can we see the tractor?" :eek:

Thought about, but didn't, write back to them and tell them that the tractor would be shipped as soon as you mail me a check... :rolleyes:

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #6  
.....Most of what you might think are great buys are simply people Phishing for information on you to spoof/spam you with advertisments or either trying to obtain email addresses ect,etc, to sell to advertising agencies and then these agencies will spam you with their ads, and then there are those crooks from other countries trying to buy somthing you have and would like to deposit the money into your account, But I won't even go there, ;)
I have also found that some of the sellers on techniques on CL are to advertise there items at a rediculously cheap price only to get you to inquire and then tell you they have been given a better offer then their original asking price and would like for you to make a higher offer then the previous person made......, I call this auctioning, "sold to the highest offer" I tell them flat out that I am no longer interested in what they have unless they are willing to sell it for what they have post it for in their ad, and then Flag the ad....
it is a "buyer be ware" market,
Oh! BTW ---> welcome <--- and Good luck in finding you a tractor :)

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #7  
.....Most of what you might think are great buys are simply people Phishing for information on you to spoof/spam you with advertisments or either trying to obtain email addresses ect,etc, to sell to advertising agencies and then these agencies will spam you with their ads, and then there are those crooks from other countries trying to buy somthing you have and would like to deposit the money into your account, But I won't even go there, ;)
I have also found that some of the sellers on techniques on CL are to advertise there items at a rediculously cheap price only to get you to inquire and then tell you they have been given a better offer then their original asking price and would like for you to make a higher offer then the previous person made......, I call this auctioning, "sold to the highest offer" I tell them flat out that I am no longer interested in what they have unless they are willing to sell it for what they have post it for in their ad, and then Flag the ad....
it is a "buyer be ware" market,
Oh! BTW ---> welcome <--- and Good luck in finding you a tractor :)

Regarding the email addresses- I guard my primary email well by keeping a hotmail addy for things like responding to Craigslist, etc. I am shocked at the sheer volume of spam in my hotmail inbox!

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #8  
There was briefly today, a Kubota BX220 with MMM listed for $1700 on Ebay.

Of course, that price is just wrong. Tip one.
Seller says not to use "contact seller" feature. Tip two
Says must buy it now, but contact him through email address provided. Tip three
One day sale, (knows it is going to get flagged) Tip four

Well, you get the point. Obviously had hacked a legit seller though. That's what's worrisome. Seller had 1024 sales with 100% feedback. Bet he's ticked.

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #9  
Hello everyone, my first post and I aplogize for a negative subject but why do these scams on Ebay and Grigs list still florush.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/grd/1490102718.html

I assume :confused:this is a scam since the seller want let me come see the tractor and of course the selling price is a dead give away. They always price them for about 1/2 of the normal selling price.

Well if its not a scam somebody better jump on this deal.
I have been reading this forum for over 2 years and dreaming of buying a tractor.
I spent a lot of time looking and finally found something I could afford.
Anyway, its really discourging to see these scams and if somebody has a suggestion for what to do about this one.
The seller is very prompt to reply.
Thanks for allowing me to rant, if this is the wrong forum I will be glad to move the post.
Thank You
jwalk2c

It is a crazy world.

I bought a house without a heating system. Being that I am in northern Michigan I thought I needed a furnace. Since I am unemployed I need a cheap furnace. (we have 8 inches of snow on the ground) I contacted AC Direct in Florida after seeing an add on the internet. They said they were a little backed up but I should get my furnace is 2 or 3 weeks at a cost of $1100. A month later no furnace and they won't answer my calls or e-mail.:eek::eek::eek: They charged my credit card right away.:confused:

There are some good guys out there. I found the exact same furnace on E-Bay from a guy with a 99.8% rating. I sent him a note telling him I was in need of a furnace fast and he called me right back. I drove to Freeland Michigan to pick up my furnace today, the day after I oredred it. It was only about $800 including the shipping and propane conversion kit. It is a 95%furnace. I have no connection with this company but I am blown away at the service and price. The furnace is now sitting in my basement.

eBay Store - Furnacewhiz HVAC Stop: Aprilaire, Goodman Furnaces, Miller Mobile Home Furnaces

If you need a furnace you can do far worse than these guys...I did...:eek::eek:

/ Why are these scams allowed to be posted #10  
I hate scammers and theives, just hate their guts. I wish there was a way to send a fine or virus or something to them but I know that is a rediculous idea.

It would seem that the fake ads probably come from certain ID's that maybe could be identified and blocked but it's probably futile. I say a good beatin' stick is in order! (Metaphorically of course)