Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #1  

mauzi

hi all,

Recently I been looking to buy a tractor. Love to have something with heated cab for winter. looking for something between 40-80hp, I guess that will be enough for 10acre veggie farm. I came across two tractors, as they seems to be in price range (CAD$ 5000-6000) Zetor 7711 and Belarus 820. But never owned any of these brands before. I been searching on internet there are all kinda pros and cons about both brands?? I will really appreciate any recommendations.

thanks

Mauzi

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #2  
My first response would be neither. But.....FOR SURE DON'T GET THE BELARUS!!!!!

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #3  
ditto!:D

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #4  
What would be wrong about a Zetor?

Just wondering.

Yooper Dave

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820
not the first choice, but have seen ford and MF's, they are available in that price range but without cab and 4000++ hours. for instance 1978 Massey 255for $4000 without cab & no clue abt hours and 73 ford 4000 for $6000 with cab and 5800hours. so kinda confused :(

please advise!

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #6  
With the Zetor you have parts availability. If you dont buy from Zetor NA, you can get them with 30% off, from the grey market importer, Ridgeway.
With Belarus, anywhere in the world, you'll have to wait on parts. Nothing has changed at the Minsk tractor works since the communist era.

For the rest Zetor or Ford, Massey, Deere: Thats just personal preference. You'll find the 7711 as Deere 2400 in Mexico, built in the Torreon plant for the south american market.

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #7  
hi all,

Recently I been looking to buy a tractor. Love to have something with heated cab for winter. looking for something between 40-80hp, I guess that will be enough for 10acre veggie farm. I came across two tractors, as they seems to be in price range (CAD$ 5000-6000) Zetor 7711 and Belarus 820. But never owned any of these brands before. I been searching on internet there are all kinda pros and cons about both brands?? I will really appreciate any recommendations.

thanks

Mauzi
Both have parts supply issues Belarus more so
Regards
DGS

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #8  
Definitely, of the two...........the Zetor.

I like the little Zetors and they are a well built tractor. They began to hit big back in the late 1980s/early 1990s and "dealers" were popping up on street corners and at feed stores in small towns and exurban areas all over the place. Wasn't a good marketing plan and that dealer base then shrank over the last 10-12 years down to the nitty-gritty dealers with a serious stake in the line. They have their Euro-quirks but they are solid if you've got a dealer or reliable parts supply at hand. My city eighbor down the road has a 7711 open station that is his pure and sole haying tractor and he makes many cuts a year without a hiccup and the little tractor is now over 20 years old and runs like a top.

The Belarus is another animal. Another late 80s/early 90s fad that brought classic, Soviet Cold War era tech to N.A. They are different.........quality control wasn't a huge issue with them so you have rough seams and imperfect alignments and poorly finished things here and there on them. They tend to leak, especially the FWA models on the front ends. Tranny is weird. Cab with heat and AC basically means a cab...............no promise heat or AC work well at all.

They're not terrible as in poor running, fall apart, wastes of money like, say, a Yugo was. But, dealer support has all but vanished for them and parts are in about the same shape although I believe there was one supplier in the South who was still good at getting things for owners. Hey, for a few thousand bucks on a place as a second/third tractor that you don't mind getting dirty while just looking at it and don't have you to rely upon on a regular daily basis and know beforehand where to get your parts..............might not be absolutely terrible.

If you should buy the Bela, there is a Yahoo group I belong to for Belarus owners where lots of repair, parts, and support info is swapped around between member owners. Good info to have....

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #9  
hi all,

thanks

Mauzi

If you must go down this route..then definateley the zetor.

/ Zetor 7711 or Belarus 820 #10  
Most people are probrably speaking from rumors rather than first hand experience. We have a ZETOR 6245 owned it for 20 years and have replaced 1 set of brakes and the master cylinder twice. Thats not bad for a 20 y/o tractor I don't think. Parts are readily available at the dealer and on the net. Besides our 65 Massey Ferguson thats over 50 years old, I would say it the second best tractor we have out of the other 5.

Rich