Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD?

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #1  

LetsGoRide

We have about 15 acres, half of which is a horse "facility". We have some hills, no real rocks or stumps sticking up. We mainly are looking for a tractor that is set up to mow and have a FEL. We are looking at the differences and would like recommendations for either the Kubota GL3240 or the Kubota B3200HSD. We are seriously considering a belly mower, but have heard issues of scalping particularly with the 72" set up on the GL3240. Does anyone have comments on this function with those two tractors? Or thumbs up or down in general on these 2 tractors?

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #2  
I have the 3240 and it probably would mow ok with the belly mower but It is a bit of a beast in terms of size and weight.
Unless you plan on doing some heavy work the B probably would be the ticket and be more responsive.
IMHO
They are both great units....

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD?
Thanks for the info. I did just see a problem with vibration on the Kubota B3200, is that with a certain year model, or all of them? Is there another model that works well with the belly mower that doesn't have that issue?

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #4  
The B2630 has a three cylinder engine, and does run smoother (to me anyway) than the 4 cylinder engines in the B3200. It should work great with the mmm.

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #5  
The Kubota Grand L tractors are top of the line and are worth the extra money over the b series. You will have a much more capable front loader on the 3240 and it will be much more stable on hills.

I mow my 5 acres every week with my 3240 and with r4 tires it never messes up the grass. Also you get so many more horns and whistles with the Grand L tractors it makes using them much more fun. You will love the hst plus transmission when using the loader it is the real deal! Both are fine machines but if money is not to much of a problem then it's a no brainer.

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD?
Just to throw in another tractor into this discussion, how does the B2920 (3cyl?) stack up with stability, FEL and MMM against the GL3240 (apparently doesn't do well with the MMM) and the B3200 (seems to have vibration issues with the 4 cyl and maybe not as stable on hills?) As I mentioned, we mainly use to mow about 8 acres with some hills and some FEL work, but not the primary use.

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #7  
Why not a b3030? Have not heard of vibration issues with that model almost same model as b3200 but with some extra features price is close too! I liked the loader joystick and the roll bar better on the b3200 and it swayed my decision to buy it.
Rob

/ Kubota GL3240 or B3200HSD? #8  
When the B3030 was new, there were some complaints about the vibration issue, but they seem to have faded away. I'm not sure if Kubota changed something on them, or if most just came to figure it is the nature of the beast. The B3030 is sure a nice tractor, but so is the B3200. Here is a link to a thread that talks about it. There was also mention of a "Fix Kit" in another thread so that might be worth looking into.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/57714-b3030-vibrations.html