Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #21  
Take a look at Mitsubishi, Komatsu, John Deere 350, Case 310 and 350. These are all good machines as long as they are not totally warn out. I have less than 10K in my 310 Case. It is a great little machine, and they all have their place.

That's a great looking Case!:D

Did you do all the work on it ?

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #22  
That's a great looking Case!:D

Did you do all the work on it ?

You can say that again. I want it. I once had the opportunity to log with a JD 450 tracked loader. It would pull out 2 18"-20" fully dressed oaks with no problem. It probably would have done 3 but it was not my machine. I'ves always had a hankering for a small dozer applied to the homeowner type logging situation. They're slow compared to a full skidder but I bet would be more productive than a c.u.t. These things are little but have tremendous draw bar pulls for their size. I too am in agreement with the majority of posters about leaning toward a real bull dozer of the used variety.

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #23  
You can say that again. I want it.

I too am in agreement with the majority of posters about leaning toward a real bull dozer of the used variety.

Yeah, I want it also.:D

I would rent a dozer for the weekend before I bought one of the "Northern tool NorTrac dozer's."- I don't think they would have enough power to do much work.

It says on Northern tool's site that the NorTrac 3-cylinder, 30 HP diesel engine provides enough power to move dirt and gravel around your job-site.

Loose dirt & gravel would be the only thing it would be good for.- Not large jobs like a real dozer can do.

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #24  
...I found one @ northern tool for 15k, 30hp and weighs a little under 7k lbs.... Any thoughts???
My friend has one, pulls it with a 4x4 Ford F150, locally around to several properties. He had problems with the clutches sticking and hoses leaking - mostly fixed under warranty but one time out of warranty. He broke the left axle - still in the process of getting that fixed. He has take out a 24" stump and dozens of large (>12") trees with it but it takes him a LONG time to do it - he's retired so he's got the time.

I've used it for some road work and it does a great job. The bulldozer is breakable but it's easy to transport. Which is what he was looking for... well, that and cheap!

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #25  
A worker with a pick, axe and shovel can eventually remove a tree stump, but why would we want to.
The Deere 450 has been made for years. It is light enough to trailer, heavy enough to dig and good used ones are available.
South Carolina [and probably others] forestry service has used them for years in fire prevention and other work. They sell off their surplus at auction. Many of the 450's will have low hours have been professionally maintained and never abused.
By the way the average 10" tree is not going over by the push of a 450 unless you work at it.
It takes a D6 cat to remove trees by pushing not a toy!
SCFD 450's have sold in the past for as low as 5K.

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #27  
go down to chinese tractors on this site and talk to bob rooks he uses his on the his job Jeep

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #28  
check circlegtactors.com there in ms. they have chinese tractors and bulldozers .Jeep

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #30  
A worker with a pick, axe and shovel can eventually remove a tree stump, but why would we want to.
The Deere 450 has been made for years. It is light enough to trailer, heavy enough to dig and good used ones are available.
South Carolina [and probably others] forestry service has used them for years in fire prevention and other work. They sell off their surplus at auction. Many of the 450's will have low hours have been professionally maintained and never abused.
By the way the average 10" tree is not going over by the push of a 450 unless you work at it.
It takes a D6 cat to remove trees by pushing not a toy!
SCFD 450's have sold in the past for as low as 5K.

I bought a JD 350C(42hp - 11k lbs.) a few years ago from the State of Tennessee surplus. It was re-lifed in 2001 at a cost of $47K. One of the attractions and I guess issues is that they are moveable by a small truck which makes them more attractive to small operators and thieves. Often you can pick up machines that are much larger for not much more money. I basically traded mine for a much larger machine (Liebherr 631B - 150hp 38k lbs). The difference in work capability is pretty astounding. The market is down right now so there should be some decent buys out there no matter what you are looking at.

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 155_5554.jpg
    155_5554.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 352