Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
I have been looking at bulldozers for 6 months off and on and really need something 30-40 hp that weighs less than 10k pounds (trailer capacity is 12,500k). I want to be able to move it with my diesel powered F250. I found one @ northern tool for 15k, 30hp and weighs a little under 7k lbs. It sounds ideal and most of the reviews are positive. I will be clearing underbrush and after my property gets a thin cut, cleaning up some left behind trees about 12" in diameter, nothing real heavy. I need to be able to get in some tight spots and can't have anything too big. i looked at a Case 1150C, but it weighed 29k lbs and will probably leave too big a footprint. Any thoughts???

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #2  
I have had the same thoughts, but I am looking at the Komatsu D-21. They are used, but are around the price you are talking. I personally prefer Japanese to Chinese. Look at them on Machinerytrader.com. I like the ones with rubber tracks. I would be using them in town on drives and roads.

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #3  
The Chinese dozer is a one of a kind. It has a real 3 point hitch and good hydraulics plus a PTO. Another forum I am on has quite a few owners. www.ctoa.net

As for buying though Northern check around. There is a dealer in Oregon who sells quite a few and can do much better on price, has a large parts warehouse, and knows how to prep them. Poor prep is what give Chinese tractors a bad name.

Chris

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #4  
I have been looking at bulldozers for 6 months off and on and really need something 30-40 hp that weighs less than 10k pounds (trailer capacity is 12,500k). I want to be able to move it with my diesel powered F250. I found one @ northern tool for 15k, 30hp and weighs a little under 7k lbs. It sounds ideal and most of the reviews are positive. I will be clearing underbrush and after my property gets a thin cut, cleaning up some left behind trees about 12" in diameter, nothing real heavy. I need to be able to get in some tight spots and can't have anything too big. i looked at a Case 1150C, but it weighed 29k lbs and will probably leave too big a footprint. Any thoughts???

I wonder if a skidloader with steel tracks would suit you better?

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #5  
Here is the company in Oregon I spoke of.

Jinma Tractors,Mahindra Tractors at affordable prices in Oregon,California,Colorado,Washington-USA - #catagory { color:#990000;

Also go to youtube and put in Yuchai and you will see all kinds of vids of what they can do.

Make sure you know what you are buying. You can get them with power shift or not. Rubber or steel tracks. You can also get a standard blade, 6 way blade, and a FEL option. Some can have multiple options like 6 way blade and quick detach FEL. Call Keno and they can give you the skinny. Many have bought from this guy even as far away as Nova Scotia.

Chris

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #6  
Here is another good guy. His name is Chip. He knows his stuff and how to prep it. Much closer to you. He has been in the Chinese tractor business for years. I bought in 2003 and he was around.

bulldozer models,<br> including 30HP bulldozers » Small Bulldozers: Chinese & 30 HP Bulldozers & Bulldozer Parts

Never buy from a dealer selling them out the back end of a car lot. They have no knowledge and do not know how to prep them. You will spend a little more with a quality dealer but get a much better finished product. This is the #1 reason Chinese tractors get a bad rap.

Chris

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #7  
you do what you want but i'd never touch one of these machines. they are cheap machines that are made out of cheap components. they'll do fine for a little while then dollar you to death. a freind of mine bought one with 60 hours on it, ran good for a few months then things started acting up, hydraulics, then trans, then a couple of clutchs, hydraulic hoses are cheap, they will all burst. just save yourself a lot of agrivation and look at another type, not surw what else is out there, might try a Struck Magnatrac but they are pricey toys, made in wisconsin.

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #8  
I just can't see where something that light would do much of anything but finish grade loose dirt. It would sure surprise me if it will take out a 12" tree.

MarkV

/ Bulldozer and 3/4 ton truck #9  
I would go to your local rental yard and rent a name brand one for the weekend and see how it does what you want. I would be suprised if a small bulldozer does what you want? I would look @ a skid steer or a excavator.