New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy?

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #1  

Aranon

Tractor
Looking for one
Blue or Green. I can"t decide. Please help? New Holland TT60A or the John Deere 5055E. Both are 4-wheel drive with front end loaders. Loader on JD is JD, on NH its a bush-hog loader. Both quick attach.

John Deer is $1,500 more but got more gears. JD= 9F/3R SyncShuttle and the NH= 8F/2R Constant Mesh.

The John Deere has a turbo which could be more torque but maybe they are using a smaller engine and forcing the turbo to make it a bigger engine. I notice that their 55/65/75 hp all have the same engine, just different turbos. And the Turbo is something else to go out. The New Holland is natural aspirated engine which means it is probably a bigger engine to start with. John Deere says it's 55HP with 45 hp to PTO and New Holland says it's engine is 59 hp with 47 hp to the PTO. But JD is measured at 2400 RPM and NH is measured at 2500 RPM so probably they are closer that it looks.

John Deere does put out more fluid even at the lower RPM. 11.4 gpm to New Holland's is 10.8. gpm.

John Deer 4-wheel drive 5055E with loader is $ 25,000.00 the New Holland TT60a 4-wheel drive is $23,500 with the Bush Hog 3545 Loader. Oh, if I wanted to go with the Ansung Loader instead of the Bush Hog, I deduct $1000 so the NH would only be $22,500 which now makes the NH $2,500 cheaper than the John Deere.

Does anyone have these tractors and which one is better, or are they pretty much dead even. Who likes which and what do you think I will be happier with. I got 35 acres with 18 pasture and the rest with lots of trees on it.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #2  
I do not have either but looking at the specs you posted I would go with the NH. Engine displacement is the main reason. I also looked at some specs on my own and the NH has 700# more 3 point lift, it weighs a few hundred pounds more, and not sure but I think it has larger rear tires.

Plus you save a few $$$$

Chris

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #3  
I just recently bought a New Holland Boomer 3040. It is a smaller tractor than you are looking at, but I am very happy with it. I found the New Holland to frankly offer more value for the money than the Deere. I was looking for cab tractors specifically and I personally found the NH cab to be much roomier than the JD cab. In my tractor shoping experience I almost felt like JD may make an excellent, maybe even the best truly Agricultural size tractor, but their compact tractors are overpriced for what they offer compared to other makes. I also felt like the JD tractors were too small and light compared to other tractors with similar specs.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #4  
Green looks better in the tree's :) You should play a little lets make a deal with the JD dealership. Tell the sales guy you are leaning towards a NH- and they will probably match it.

You need to think about resale value also- the JD will likely hold it's value longer that the NH.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #5  
You need to think about resale value also- the JD will likely hold it's value longer that the NH.

And just whose opinion is that? The worst tractor I've ever owned was a Deere. All of my New Hollands have been great and held there value just fine.

Andy

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #6  
I would sit in the seat of each tractor and get a good feel for all of the controls. Each tractor looks to be close enough in capabilities that you probably wouldn't really notice the difference in real world working of the machine. So for me, comfort of the machine would be the most important, then what about the dealer, good, bad, so so. What will they do for you if and when you have a problem, if you are concerned about those things.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #7  
And just whose opinion is that? The worst tractor I've ever owned was a Deere. All of my New Hollands have been great and held there value just fine.

Andy

Jeeeesh- You must be a Ford guy :) Nothing wrong with Blue- They dont sell real well in the mountain west or at least you do not see them on the farms and ranch's.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #8  
"The John Deere has a turbo which could be more torque but maybe they are using a smaller engine and forcing the turbo to make it a bigger engine. I notice that their 55/65/75 hp all have the same engine, just different turbos. And the Turbo is something else to go out."
My opinion also. More fuel used too.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #9  
Jeeeesh- You must be a Ford guy :) Nothing wrong with Blue- They dont sell real well in the mountain west or at least you do not see them on the farms and ranch's.

It's a funny thing on the grain farms here it's pretty much all IH, Potato farms favour NH and cattle men like green ones....

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #10