A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #1  

Kubota Tee

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, Kubota L3540HST-3 (sold)
Hey folks, first post here. Thought I would share a bit about my 6 month journey to buy a new tractor - just in time for Christmas.

This will actually be my 2nd tractor. My first tractor was an old (1960's model) Ford 4000 with a front end loader that I owned between 1991 and 1993. The best thing about my first tractor was that I used it for 2 years and then sold it for more than I paid!!

The tractor that I have been looking to purchase these past 6 months will be used to develop and maintain a 3.5 acre home site as well as a jointly owned 11 acre open space that is shared with my 3 neighbors. Most of the work will be landscaping related with a fair amount of bucket work and grading applications. I figured a utility tractor in the 30-40 HP range would be the perfect fit. I don't foresee doing any finish mowing with the new tractor as I already have a large Toro garden tractor with a pull behind offset finish mower. I can get 100" a pass with this setup and it looks great!! My intention is to keep this tractor for as long as both of us are still alive!! If the Kubota reputation holds true, I'm not sure I will outlive this new purchase.

So, back to the tractor. I took a really hard look at Green, Blue and Orange - figuring I probably couldn't go wrong with any of these 3 choices. Many thanks to all the folks on this as well as other forums who wrote about their experiences and reviews. It was really helpful in finally narrowing my search down to the Kubota line. I ended up deciding on the L3540HST which seemed to hit the sweet spot for power, convenience and ease of use. I have awarded this purchase to the good folks at Barlow Equipment in KY - again based on the many positive reviews in this forum as well as their competitive pricing and great customer service (at least so far).

I think the next 2 weeks will be the hardest - actually waiting for the tractor to be delivered!

I will update everyone as my experience builds from the delivery to the first set of tasks that this tractor will be used for.

Looking forward to being a regular!!

Kubota Tee

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #2  
Congratulations!! Nice tractor you are getting

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #3  
They are the same after the sale as before the sale, so this is a move that you will not regret. Barlow Equipment is a great place to deal with.

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #4  
Congraulations;;;;;;vey nice choice of tractors:I owned a L3130 Kubota,traded it for a L4240 HSTC,enjoy.
Merry Christmas...........:)

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #5  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on fine..fine investment KT. :)

You might want to remove your socks so you don't wear hole in them from 2 weeks of pacing.;)

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #6  
Two very fine choices! You will love that machine. Even after 3 decades of farming grass, sometimes i just sit in the shop and gaze @ my 3540. My wife says i used to look at her like that! :D

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #7  
Kubota Tee, Congrats on the new tractor and welcome to TBN. I have the same tractor as Lawn King and just love it. It' a Cadillac. I feel for you on the wait, it was 3 weeks for me, but worth it. I guess you will have time to get your camera ready to go so you can share some pics with the rest of us when it arrives.:D

Cheers,
Jake

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas
Thanks all for the warm welcome and encouragement! While I am waiting for the tractor to be delivered, I am living vicariously through all you on this discussion board. I can't believe all the great information you guys make available here. What a great resource! I am sure I will be using it for years to come.

The camera is all warmed up and ready to go, so I will definitely be posting some pics once the unit arrives. I have a heated garage / shop, so during the down time this winter I already have the following mods planned:

* bucket hooks - will probably go with the bolt on style
* tree scoop - I have a friend in town who owns a welding/fabrication shop and I have already started showing him some of the pics from TBN so he can get an idea of what I am looking for. Once the weather breaks in the spring, I will be transplanting about 80 trees from our small nursery.
* carry-all for the box scraper - saw some nice ideas on TBN for building a carry-all on top of a box scraper.

Again - will post the pictures along the way.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas #9  
congratz on your new Kubota, did you use the financing? were they that much cheaper than MI dealers?

/ A Kubota L3540HST for Christmas
congratz on your new Kubota, did you use the financing? were they that much cheaper than MI dealers?

babyfat, I checked 3 dealers in Michigan all within 30-45 miles of where I live. I also checked 2 out of state dealers - one in Indiana and Barlow Equip. in KY. Both of the out of state dealers were cheaper than the ones from Michigan (at least the ones near me). Yes, I did take advantage of the 0% financing. The guys from Barlow equipment were really helpful with all the paperwork, etc. Got me approved within 24 hours.

Still waiting to here on an exact delivery date, but once it arrives, I will post some pictures.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)