Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ??

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #1  

kch

Bronze Member
Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ??

Knowing nothing about compact tractor's about one month ago, I started shopping for the perfect tractor. I soon realized this would be no easy task. So many options so many different horse powers, tires and so on and so on. The more I learned the more confused I got. My first question then and still today is which one is the best, Kubota, New Holland or John Deere????? As with anything I buy I wanted to know which one was best. With that question my journey began. I talked to everyone I could to find the answer, owners, dealers, I looked up everything I could find on each one. What I soon realized was whatever tractor a person owned they thought it was best. Whatever dealer I talked too said their's was the best.

Ok, no real answer there so I looked at the best tractor for the money. Then I learned about the world of rebates and learned all were very close in cost with one exception. John Deere seemed to considerably higher then the rest. Why? is it that much better? Why are people willing to pay so much more for a JD?

Well, I really never could answer that question, and was not willing to pay the extra dollars with no real proof JD was better then the others.

Now it was between Kubota and New Holland mainly because of price. I turned to TBN for help. I got several idea's I never thought of, from a lot of people which helped out tremendously. I was told the dealer was a very important and should be considered in the buying decision. I was also told to go with whichever one felt the most comfortable.

Well considering everything, I went with the New Holland TC33 based on my particular needs and the fact that the dealer was outstanding, even offered to bring a replacement tractor out if mine ever went down and had better financing.

I never did figure out which one was best, it seemed like more of a personal preference issue then anything. So if you've asked yourself this same question, good luck, and let me know if you ever find the answer.................

This forum really help me with my final decision, being someone who knew nothing about compact tractors I needed all the help i could get. With that, I found my perfect tractor. So thanks again.

Did I mention implements?? Thats a whole other story!!!!!!

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #2  
Re: Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ??

A very wise choice... As a JD owner that looked at all of the major brands the final decision was made by the quality of the dealer... in my case it worked out perfectly... I always thought I wanted a JD, but looked at all three... the best dealer was a JD dealer and local to boot... win/win!
If I had it to do over I would still choose the best dealer not the brand!
Good Luck!

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #3  

A very wise choice... As a JD owner that looked at all of the major brands the final decision was made by the quality of the dealer... in my case it worked out perfectly... I always thought I wanted a JD, but looked at all three... the best dealer was a JD dealer and local to boot... win/win!
If I had it to do over I would still choose the best dealer not the brand!
Good Luck!

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #4  

Glad to hear you are happy with your choice and TBN members are truely a great asset. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #5  

i don't think u can say either of them is the best. it all depends on what is BEST for you!!!!! if u are ahppy with what you bought then that one is the best, welcome to the forum and tractor safe.

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #6  

Welcome to the forum!

Well, you started your search to find the perfect tractor. Although you ended up going down a road you never really expected, your journey ended with fulfilling your goal. Because as Frank said, the perfect tractor is the one that makes you happy.

But I also agree with yours and Jims assessment that the dealer is just as, if not more, important than the machine itself.

Anyway, congratulations on your decision, and happy tractoring! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now get some pictures of that perfect tractor posted for us all to see! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #7  

I came to a simillar conclusion last year. I think you will be happy with your decision. My TC33D is 11 months old and has 150 hrs and has been flawless so far. It is a good compromise in size and strength. Not too small to be able to do serious work and not too large to store and transport to jobs.

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #8  

Live and learn, Jim. My experience says you are right. The dealer makes the difference among good equipment/brand choices.

Bill

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ?? #9  

To make the decision more complicated, the dealer I decided on sold both the New Holland and Kubota. The difference for me became the Kubota rebate allowing me to "upgrade" to a bigger machine than I could have without the rebate.

/ Kubota, New Holland, JD, which one ??

Yes, the New Holland TC 33 seemed to be just right, not to big, not to small. I liked Kubota alot, however the B2710 and 2910 were on the too small side and the L3010 appeared to be on the too large side. I also felt everything was in the right spot on the NH. Some of the pedals on the Kubota seemed to be slightly awkward to push especially on the B series.

That is good to hear......................