Advice on tractor for farm/construction use

/ Advice on tractor for farm/construction use #11  
I think your asking a lot, for a "one-size-fits-all" machine, but if moneys no object, and you'll post your bank account#, PIN #, favorite pet's name, Mother maiden name, I'm sure the Guys on the board can get ya' geared up in short order!!! :D:D:D:DWelcome to TBN, and have a great Christmas! ~Scotty

Last edited:
   / Advice on tractor for farm/construction use
CurlyDave- thanks for details, but wondering 'why' the 110 won't be so good at mowing, spraying, etc? Also, the 4-n-1 bucket must be pretty substantial, then, eh? I've not been able to 'see' one at dealers, yet.
Budlite- Dad's JD is a 5301& does work great but it's being sold soon & 2 other kids have 1st dibs. Soooo, I hoping to find the One great peice of equipment that will do Great on small construction side & acceptable on small farm side.

/ Advice on tractor for farm/construction use #13  
wondering 'why' the 110 won't be so good at mowing, spraying, etc?

The requirement for an implement that weighs at least 1250 lbs on the back of the tractor leaves out a lot of mowers. I don't know what your sprayer looks like, or weighs, but there again, I think you run into issues of not enough weight.

Now a guy might be able to drop the front bucket and balance the tractor a bit that way if he wanted to run a lighter implement, on level ground.

The 4-n-1 is quite substantial. I added a replaceable cutting edge to mine almost first thing both to prevent the bucket from bending and to be sure that the cutting edge would bend with the bucket if anything bad ever did happen. If I bend the bucket without the edge in place, getting one on after the fact could be a nightmare.

Even though the 4-n-1 has holes for the cutting edge, my dealer did not know that the same edge that fits the standard bucket also fits the 4-n-1.

If you get a 110, JD says that you must order the hydraulics for the 4-n-1 and for a backhoe thumb from the factory--there is no adding them later. I highly recommend this.

I am not trying to be discouraging, I really like mine and would love to welcome a new member to the 110 club.

/ Advice on tractor for farm/construction use #14  
wondering 'why' the 110 won't be so good at mowing, spraying, etc?

The requirement for an implement that weighs at least 1250 lbs on the back of the tractor leaves out a lot of mowers. I don't know what your sprayer looks like, or weighs, but there again, I think you run into issues of not enough weight.

Now a guy might be able to drop the front bucket and balance the tractor a bit that way if he wanted to run a lighter implement, on level ground.

The 4-n-1 is quite substantial. I added a replaceable cutting edge to mine almost first thing both to prevent the bucket from bending and to be sure that the cutting edge would bend with the bucket if anything bad ever did happen. If I bend the bucket without the edge in place, getting one on after the fact could be a nightmare.

Even though the 4-n-1 has holes for the cutting edge, my dealer did not know that the same edge that fits the standard bucket also fits the 4-n-1.

If you get a 110, JD says that you must order the hydraulics for the 4-n-1 and for a backhoe thumb from the factory--there is no adding them later. I highly recommend this.

I am not trying to be discouraging, I really like mine and would love to welcome a new member to the 110 club.