Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Kubota MX51000 HST

Default Re: What Type and HP Tractor?

Thanks for the info Steve and IslandTractor. I'm surprised there is that much price difference between JD dealers. Looks like I have a lot more research to do, including looking at other GC's in the area. I called a guy a year ago who mentioned building up the ground level to support a septic system, looks like I'll need to give him another call.

On a different note, does anyone know what the difference is between FWD and MFWD? I noticed that tractorhouse allows doing searches on either one, but haven't been able to find anything that explains what the difference is.

Thanks,

Ron

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Ron, FWD is usually the bigger tractors that have the same size tires & wheels all the way around. MFWD are the tractors that most of us have. Smaller tires in front than the rear. I think, but not sure that the FWD tractors are always in 4x4 and the MFWD can be taken in & out of 4x4 mode.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Ron, FWD is usually the bigger tractors that have the same size tires & wheels all the way around. MFWD are the tractors that most of us have. Smaller tires in front than the rear. I think, but not sure that the FWD tractors are always in 4x4 and the MFWD can be taken in & out of 4x4 mode.

Could be to distinguish the hydraulic motor driven four wheel drive from the mechanical four wheel drive. In most cases at least on the smaller tractors the mfwd is the preferred choice.

Tractor
    Kubota MX51000 HST

It's been a while, but I finally made my choice and my new tractor was delivered today! I purchased a new kubota MX5100 with HST, FEL, forks, and box blade. I'll have the summer to decide if I'll need a snow blower or blade.

After visiting many dealers, I decided on the Kubota because they made the best deal and offered the 60 month 0% financing. Plus I liked the dealer.

Now it's play time!

Ron

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations on the new tractor; excellent choice.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ronmueller View Post
    It's been a while, but I finally made my choice and my new tractor was delivered today! I purchased a new kubota MX5100 with HST, FEL, forks, and box blade. I'll have the summer to decide if I'll need a snow blower or blade.

After visiting many dealers, I decided on the Kubota because they made the best deal and offered the 60 month 0% financing. Plus I liked the dealer.

Now it's play time!

Ron
    Congrats! I was just out at my friend's property this weekend. He has an MX5100 (not HST). It is a really nice tractor; he loves his.

I think you made a great choice. Your comment about liking the dealer is very important too.

Good luck and have fun!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234