What Type and HP Tractor?

/ What Type and HP Tractor?
Thanks for the info Steve and IslandTractor. I'm surprised there is that much price difference between JD dealers. Looks like I have a lot more research to do, including looking at other GC's in the area. I called a guy a year ago who mentioned building up the ground level to support a septic system, looks like I'll need to give him another call.

On a different note, does anyone know what the difference is between FWD and MFWD? I noticed that tractorhouse allows doing searches on either one, but haven't been able to find anything that explains what the difference is.

Thanks,

Ron

/ What Type and HP Tractor? #32  
Ron, FWD is usually the bigger tractors that have the same size tires & wheels all the way around. MFWD are the tractors that most of us have. Smaller tires in front than the rear. I think, but not sure that the FWD tractors are always in 4x4 and the MFWD can be taken in & out of 4x4 mode.

/ What Type and HP Tractor? #33  
Ron, FWD is usually the bigger tractors that have the same size tires & wheels all the way around. MFWD are the tractors that most of us have. Smaller tires in front than the rear. I think, but not sure that the FWD tractors are always in 4x4 and the MFWD can be taken in & out of 4x4 mode.

Could be to distinguish the hydraulic motor driven four wheel drive from the mechanical four wheel drive. In most cases at least on the smaller tractors the mfwd is the preferred choice.

/ What Type and HP Tractor?
It's been a while, but I finally made my choice and my new tractor was delivered today! I purchased a new Kubota MX5100 with HST, FEL, forks, and box blade. I'll have the summer to decide if I'll need a snow blower or blade.

After visiting many dealers, I decided on the Kubota because they made the best deal and offered the 60 month 0% financing. Plus I liked the dealer.

Now it's play time!

Ron

/ What Type and HP Tractor? #35  
Congratulations on the new tractor; excellent choice.

/ What Type and HP Tractor? #36  
It's been a while, but I finally made my choice and my new tractor was delivered today! I purchased a new Kubota MX5100 with HST, FEL, forks, and box blade. I'll have the summer to decide if I'll need a snow blower or blade.

After visiting many dealers, I decided on the Kubota because they made the best deal and offered the 60 month 0% financing. Plus I liked the dealer.

Now it's play time!

Ron

Congrats! I was just out at my friend's property this weekend. He has an MX5100 (not HST). It is a really nice tractor; he loves his.

I think you made a great choice. Your comment about liking the dealer is very important too.

Good luck and have fun!