Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kubota 2410 big enough?

Hi Rich and everyone,

The backhoe is the larger of the two, the one you mentioned. I don't have the info handy...that is the price of setting up a wireless home network. Can use the laptop out back in the cool evening air...

Yes, the heavy duty top link is part of the package. Actually, I think it is required by kubota. I did specify that it be included just in case the dealer forgot about it.

Greatly appreciate all the useful pointers!

Bill

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

sounds like u are going to get one **** of a tractor, should be way more than enough for your needs. let us know when u get it.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

Frank,

Nah, you can always find bigger jobs to do. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Macher,

Good luck, the B2910 looks like an excellent machine. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dave

Hi again,

Well, I signed the papers.

Could have the tractor as early as the end of next week...

More details to follow...after delivery probably...

Guess I better add tractors as a hobby in my profile!

Still can't believe that my interest in a BX22 blossomed into a B2910!

Bill

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.

Bill,

Congratulations! You've got a real nice package there!

The hardest part is going to be waiting for the delivery. Be patient, it's well worth the wait.

My initial search for a tractor started with the larger Toro/Wheelhorse units (they can accept a small loader), then the (6018?) Ingersoll TLB series, the Terramites and several others. I finally decided on the kubota line and talked myself into the B2910. For my purposes, it just seemed like the most "bang for the buck" and didn't require that I compromise anything.

Good Luck and remember....patience.

~Rick

P.S. If you don't have much experience with loaders and backhoes (I had none!), I strongly recommend the book "Operating Techniques for the Tractor-Loader-Backhoe" by Gary J. Ober. It's really written for larger machines like Case 580's, but many of the topics, especially those regarding center-of-gravity are quite applicable to our smaller machines. I think the book is about $45 or so. ~R.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

I also started with the Ingersoll 6018 loader tractor with backhoe attachment. I actually bought a low hour used one at a good price but was very disapointed with what it could (actually couldn't) do. The lack of 4 wheel drive and diesel made a big difference. I ended up trading it in and fortunately not loosing my shirt. What impressed me with the dealer that I eventually bought from is that he was willing to setup a machine the way I wanted it and let me actually dig with it. The other dealers were less willing to do that. Not sure why.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910; Kubota T1670

<font color=blue>Still can't believe that my interest in a BX22 blossomed into a B2910!
    </font color=blue>

That's pretty much how it happened with me too.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12