Missed the boat

/ Missed the boat #1  

MessickFarmEqu

We're seeing all our venders pulling back on financing programs. The year ended very strong so it seems they are all happy with their sales volumes. Time will tell if things get kicked back up for spring, but I doubt it.

/ Missed the boat #2  
yes it was good while it lasted. But sooner or later zero percent and low interest rates have got to disappear...... what goes down and what not....

/ Missed the boat #3  
Good... I might be able to start to think about selling mine... could not compete with that 0% ;)

/ Missed the boat #4  
Good... I might be able to start to think about selling mine... could not compete with that 0% ;)

Funny you say that, I originally went looking for a used tractor but bought new because of the interest rate savings of 0% financing versus a conventional loan.

The dealer that I bought from will breathe a sigh of relief, he has a number of used tractors that he couldn't move because of 0% financing on the new ones.

/ Missed the boat #5  
Not so clear that the era of 0% financing is over. Kioti still offers it though it is some sort of dealer dependent program so not all dealers may offer it.

It will be interesting to see if Kubota brings something similar back.

/ Missed the boat #6  
I have spent the last few weeks looking for a tractor,the 0% financing,I have to admit was interesting. Some tractor brands actually had it with no hitches. Some tractor brands had it,but really did not. I was told by several tractor dealers that @ 0% they had to tack on $2800.00 or more,depending on the tractor to get it. These dealers said it was better to take the rebates,pay cash or finance it with rates up to 7%. These dealers turned me off with there trick financing. 0% to these tractor companies was a smoke job. Others companies actually allowed you to make your best deal,use a trade or cash and get true 0%. I ended up looking at 3 companies that did not have a gimmick,and gave true 0%. I figured if you are going to seem to not be honest with your financing,what would your repairs and warranty be like? I looked at 6 things before I bought my new tractor. #1 what size tractor and how I wanted it equipped. #2 A good local dealer. #3 The quality of he tractor,weight,hp,loader strength,exc. #4 warranty. #5 price. #6 Financing,0% meant I could use their money,and pay what I needed to get the monthly rate manageable. I hope and believe I achieved these goals. I also got my eyes opened,some of these dealers really are characters. If I got a good deal only time will tell. The last tractor I bought was a Landtrac,the dealer was a friend of mine. He had to go bankrupt,he lost a lot. Today he is selling insurance,I hope my new dealer is selling tractors long after I am in the grave.

/ Missed the boat #7  
I hope no one really feels like they "missed the boat" if they haven't bought a tractor yet with "0% financing".

That just a completely unnecessary sales gimmick scare tactic thrown out here for some unknown purposes.

The market is always changing but there will ALWAYS be a deal out there.

Last dealer who tried to tell me that I 'better not wait to long or it will be gone' was told 'yeah but they're being built new every day'.

Shop hard, do your research, on financing as well as for the tractor/truck/etc you're looking at and BUY when it's the best deal at at the time that is right for YOU not when some dealer tries to scare you into it by trying to make you think you'll never see such a great deal again in three lifetimes.

One time deals do happen but some salesmaen think they can make everyone think that whats in front of them is that once in a lifetime deal that they better not let get away.

/ Missed the boat #8  
The 0% rates are not going to leave. We can still get 0% for 60 months through Kubota. However, the price of the tractor is a little higher, comparded to financing it for the 42 months. Even our Massey Ferguson rates can still go as high as 0% for 72 months. So don't panic over the rates. Just panic over which model to select.:D

/ Missed the boat #10  
People that missed the so called boat,may end up being the lucky ones. If the economy does not start to pick up,there could be unbelievable deals in the future. If tractors do not sell,something has to give. To even suggest that the best deals are gone,is to neglect the fact that we are still deep in a bad economy. Big dealers may survive,but small dealers will have a tough time until this economy picks up. Even some of the big boys may go belly up. GM and Chrysler was pretty smug a couple of years ago,they are not as smug now using tax payer money to survive. To bail out a tractor industry that is dominated by over seas made Tractors,may not set well with the American tax payer. Farmers that use tractors for a living will still buy as they can afford. Ordinary Joe that is looking at that CUT with an uncertain job future will pass on a tractor,or possibly buy used. I am sure that the economy has stopped a number of CUT sales the last couple of years,and the future remains to be seen.