what to buy and where to get

/ what to buy and where to get #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
New member here and I have no experience with tractors. Just bought 20 acres in middle Ga and I need a tractor to cut pasture, grade, clear brush, dig fence posts, etc.

I would like to get a lower hours tractor preferably with a loader and mower. I am looking at Ford 3930 or JD 4510 (4 wd). The 3930 has 50hp and JD only 39hp. Which would probably fit my needs better and where is the best place to purchase a tractor such as this in my area if anyone knows. I presume it would be cost prohibitive to buy one any distance away and ship it.

Just found this site and am looking to learn a lot from you guys. It has been a dream of mine to have some land and not having to live in a subdivision the rest of my life.

Thanks

/ what to buy and where to get #2  
I dont know where you are located but JD and Ford/New Holland usually has a dealer in most major towns and small rural areas. So as far as convience for parts and service you shouldnt have a problem. With a ised tractor i have found that on JD you pay a little more for a part or servie then you woudl say with Ford/New Holland. if you can afford a little bigger tractor, it never hurts to have somethign a little bigger on hand. You never know what you may end up doing with it in the future. I have never heard anyone say that they wished they would have bought a smaller tractor.......

/ what to buy and where to get #3  
decide how long you want to be mowing.. then us ethat number to guide you to a mower size / tractor size. keep your trans in mind if you will be doing lots of laoder work.. or constant stop / start stuff. Plain gear trans are great for set n forget, mowing for xx hours.. if you are digging post holes along a line or doing loader work primarilly.. then something other than plain gear trans is a better idea..

soundguy

/ what to buy and where to get #4  
New member here and I have no experience with tractors. Just bought 20 acres in middle Ga and I need a tractor to cut pasture, grade, clear brush, dig fence posts, etc.

I would like to get a lower hours tractor preferably with a loader and mower. I am looking at Ford 3930 or JD 4510 (4 wd). The 3930 has 50hp and JD only 39hp. Which would probably fit my needs better and where is the best place to purchase a tractor such as this in my area if anyone knows. I presume it would be cost prohibitive to buy one any distance away and ship it.

Just found this site and am looking to learn a lot from you guys. It has been a dream of mine to have some land and not having to live in a subdivision the rest of my life.

Thanks

eBay and craigslist. You can center your search on Atlanta and look for what you want in a 100 or 200 mile radius. Dealers and private sellers use both of these services.

I buy my used tractors (I have 3 of them) from craigslist.

/ what to buy and where to get #5  
Also, a website called searchtempest will search all craigslist listings and categories within a user-specified radius. Nice web app.

/ what to buy and where to get #6  
Try Lott's in Claxton on S280 he sells Mahindra but also has used tractors.