Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #11  
The Boomer looks like a very stout machine. I don't know how a guy is supposed to choose between two machines like these. Flip a coin?

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #12  
Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #13  
I was reading the specs for the 4720 and it sounds fantastic. I really like the idea of being able to run at full PTO speed with reduced RPM's.
As far as the 4720's being to much for the frame/tractor size I don't buy it. These units are not really ment to do a lot of ground engagement work. Running bigger brush hogs/snow blowers and more FEL capacity is what its about. I have a tractor about the same size frame (MX5000) and i don't think 16 extra HP would hurt a thing.

The ePTO option is also available on the 4520.

The FEL capacity (lift, breakout force, etc.) is identical for all the 4000 series machines. The hydraulic pump capacity is the same for all the tractors in the series. And the available 400X or 400CX loader has the same specifications from the bottom to the top of the line for the 4000 series.

Now... the moment the bucket hits the pile - and the tires break traction.. Well, that's when the debate over the better Hp/weight ratio begins. ;)

AKfish

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #14  
Just out of curiosity what is the price difference between the 4520 and the 4720?
Are the frames the same size?

The only difference is the tuning and injector nozzle size, injector pump etc.
No difference in the rest of the tractor for the 4X20 series. The 4520 and 4720 both offer some additional features such as the economy pto though.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #15  
New Holland offers a economt pto setting on the Boomer as well. The Boomer is a very stout tractor.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #16  
Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...

Everybody think they know what resales better, but most of the time end up being wrong, these mid range and compacts are really changing these days and some of the green ones dont resale like they use to

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #17  
Everybody think they know what resales better, but most of the time end up being wrong, these mid range and compacts are really changing these days and some of the green ones dont resale like they use to

Well I feel the market is changing in a number of ways and we will all have to see how this affects resale over time. Who is buying small tractors has changed significantly in the last 30 years and the selectoin of small tractors has increased dramatically. Most of the leading manufacturers offer a dozen different models within the same size range that in the past were covered by two or three models. The customers are more varied too, there are more people buying these compact tractors that in the past decades went without them.

Resale depends on lots of variables too, as I said in your other thread alot depends on length of ownership time. Buying and selling frequently can be costly. The green, orange and blue tractors (sorry if I leave someone out) can all do well on resale if proper care is taken because they are all good tractors in the general sense. If a particular model is found to have problems and is considered less desirable then it's resale will be much less.

There will be people who push their favorites some prefer Deere as I do and some prefer New Holland as you appear to. When I have to resort to finding fault with other brands to reassure myself that my selection is better is when I will start looking at other brands to purchase more closely. Last year when shopping for a new tractor I looked at alot of brands and models and was really suprised how many were available locally. After all the looking you see what I bought and so far no regrets.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720?
Just screwed up, just spoke for a 2009 NH TN75D. 300 hours, cab, loader, BH90X backhoe w/ thumb. Rim guard in rears, chains on rears. Dealer had it on consignment, someone was in a pinch and needed to dump it quick. Got drivetrain warranty until feb 2012, full warranty until feb 2011. A lot less $$$'s than the boomer or JD 4720. Right place right time.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #19  
get a jd3720 cab...44hp and u can put more funds toward attachments

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #20  
Well, how much was it?
Which gearbox is it (12 or 16 speed)?