Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
  1. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,413
    Location
    NC
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble77 View Post
    Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...
    I always loved it when a dealers starts talking about re-sale. Try to talk to one about trade-in-value and they act as if you had to use two different low boy wreckers to get the tractor to the dealership.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,401
    Location
    Georgia

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Well, if I have to send two wreckers to go get it I still know which one will have higher resale value...
    GreenSouth Equipment
    14 locations throughout FL, GA, & SC
    www.greensouth.com
    www.greensouthused.com

  3. #23
    Member EquineNetworkCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Location
    Larkspur, Colorado
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520 CUT

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Chuckle!

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,499
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble77 View Post
    Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...
    If your in northern Maine, then I'd reccomend dealing with Crown over "the green dealer" (I'm leaving out names to protect the innocent. :-)
    Machine wise, I'd reccomend the JD.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member flyingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,065
    Location
    aroostook county maine

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    If your in northern Maine, then I'd reccomend dealing with Crown over "the green dealer" (I'm leaving out names to protect the innocent. :-)
    Machine wise, I'd reccomend the JD.
    I've dealt with Crown for quite a few yrs., mainly with tractors we use for snowmobile trail grooming. Plus my bushhog and snowblowers i've bought thru them. Had good luck with them. should be getting my 7ft blower from them next week. I'll be using them for anything I need for the TN75. The green dealer give me a couple of quotes a month ago, i replied with a counter offer, never heard a peep back. But, they weren't the only ones. A little surprising, but it's their loss.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,499
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcow View Post
    I've dealt with Crown for quite a few yrs., mainly with tractors we use for snowmobile trail grooming.
    Like this one?

  7. #27
    Veteran Member flyingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,065
    Location
    aroostook county maine

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Nope, these ones are suretarcs. But i do remember that machine. been a few yrs since it's been on the lot. used to run a small gilbert system, liked it in the deep snow, hard to find anything that would wade the deep stuff.

    Going to crown on sat to pick up the snowblower. Had to plow driveway with the FEL, kind of a PITA, used to using a blower. Plus i got very little FEL experience.

  8. #28
    Elite Member WilliamBos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,516
    Location
    Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
    Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcow View Post
    Looking at both units. Like the hydro option on the JD, but that's really the only thing that stands out. i live in northernmaine and have a substantial driveway. Snow blowing it with a MF1135+ 9ft Lucknow blower. Units run nice( for sale, also), just looking to go a little more modern. I figure put a 6 or 7ft blower + a snowblade on front, will work very well. Will be getting pallet forks and moving/stacking firewood on pallets for my own use. Any thoughts on these 2 units?
    Have a look at the Boomers, and the Powershuttle option. If it is like our 1635, you have both a hand and foot throttle, so no sore hydro foot syndrome. If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!
    Thanks,

    Will


    I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,499
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
    If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!
    Its apparent you've never driven a eHydro machine....I was a DIE HARD power shuttle/glideshift/power reverser (whatever you want to call it) beliver and it really bothered me to get the hydro...BUT being in a nice warm cab listening to the radio while snowblowing or in the A/C in the summer time trumped the tranny...
    2 years later, you couldnt pry my cold dead hands from my eHydro...I absouletly love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcow
    Nope, these ones are suretarcs. But i do remember that machine. been a few yrs since it's been on the lot. used to run a small gilbert system, liked it in the deep snow, hard to find anything that would wade the deep stuff.
    Gotcha...Yeah thats an old pic...I snapped it in '02.
    I got a Q for you...all things being equal (service, price, etc..) would you buy a Surtrac over a Gilbert or vice versa?

  10. #30
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    491
    Tractor
    all new holland

    Default Re: Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
    Have a look at the Boomers, and the Powershuttle option. If it is like our 1635, you have both a hand and foot throttle, so no sore hydro foot syndrome. If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!
    yes you ar exactly right. the boomer 4060 has either a mechanincal shuttle or a Electroninc shuttle (clutchless option) you dont get the whine of a hydrostate trans either. The shuttles are nice

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Boomer Problems
    By froggy in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 03:29 PM
  2. Kubota L5740 vs John Deere 4720 comparison
    By s012adh in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 01:30 AM
  3. $1,500 Off New Boomer 8N Attachments/Accessories
    By roadhawk in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
  4. 4720 vs 3720, should I upgrade? :)
    By orlo in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 12:00 AM
  5. Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab?
    By ddivinia in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.