Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #21  
Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...

I always loved it when a dealers starts talking about re-sale. Try to talk to one about trade-in-value and they act as if you had to use two different low boy wreckers to get the tractor to the dealership.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #22  
Well, if I have to send two wreckers to go get it I still know which one will have higher resale value...

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #24  
Choose based on dealer service! I know which one will retain better resale (if that is a concern of yours)...

If your in northern Maine, then I'd reccomend dealing with Crown over "the green dealer" (I'm leaving out names to protect the innocent. :)
Machine wise, I'd reccomend the JD.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720?
If your in northern Maine, then I'd reccomend dealing with Crown over "the green dealer" (I'm leaving out names to protect the innocent. :)
Machine wise, I'd reccomend the JD.

I've dealt with Crown for quite a few yrs., mainly with tractors we use for snowmobile trail grooming. Plus my bushhog and snowblowers i've bought thru them. Had good luck with them. should be getting my 7ft blower from them next week. I'll be using them for anything I need for the TN75. The green dealer give me a couple of quotes a month ago, i replied with a counter offer, never heard a peep back. But, they weren't the only ones. A little surprising, but it's their loss.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #26  
I've dealt with Crown for quite a few yrs., mainly with tractors we use for snowmobile trail grooming.

Like this one? :)
DSC01316.jpg

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720?
Nope, these ones are suretarcs. But i do remember that machine. been a few yrs since it's been on the lot. used to run a small gilbert system, liked it in the deep snow, hard to find anything that would wade the deep stuff.

Going to crown on sat to pick up the snowblower. Had to plow driveway with the FEL, kind of a PITA, used to using a blower. Plus i got very little FEL experience.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #28  
Looking at both units. Like the hydro option on the JD, but that's really the only thing that stands out. i live in northernmaine and have a substantial driveway. Snow blowing it with a MF1135+ 9ft Lucknow blower. Units run nice( for sale, also), just looking to go a little more modern. I figure put a 6 or 7ft blower + a snowblade on front, will work very well. Will be getting pallet forks and moving/stacking firewood on pallets for my own use. Any thoughts on these 2 units?

Have a look at the Boomers, and the Powershuttle option. If it is like our 1635, you have both a hand and foot throttle, so no sore hydro foot syndrome. If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #29  
If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!

Its apparent you've never driven a eHydro machine....I was a DIE HARD power shuttle/glideshift/power reverser (whatever you want to call it) beliver and it really bothered me to get the hydro...BUT being in a nice warm cab listening to the radio while snowblowing or in the A/C in the summer time trumped the tranny...
2 years later, you couldnt pry my cold dead hands from my eHydro...I absouletly love it.

flyingcow said:
Nope, these ones are suretarcs. But i do remember that machine. been a few yrs since it's been on the lot. used to run a small gilbert system, liked it in the deep snow, hard to find anything that would wade the deep stuff.

Gotcha...Yeah thats an old pic...I snapped it in '02.
I got a Q for you...all things being equal (service, price, etc..) would you buy a Surtrac over a Gilbert or vice versa?

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #30  
Have a look at the Boomers, and the Powershuttle option. If it is like our 1635, you have both a hand and foot throttle, so no sore hydro foot syndrome. If you buy a JD/Cab, they stick you with a hydro. Had a hydro, and after having the Powershuttle, will not own a hydro ever again!!

yes you ar exactly right. the boomer 4060 has either a mechanincal shuttle or a Electroninc shuttle (clutchless option) you dont get the whine of a hydrostate trans either. The shuttles are nice