Boomer 4060/JD 4720?

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #42  
John

I read that statement and I have exactly the opposite opinion. I think the early Deere compacts when they were detuned Yanmar's were no comparison to the early Kubota and Ford compacts. I think Deere has been playing catchup for years and in the past few years have finally achieved it.

Andy

There might be a little truth to that...it depends on what you mean by no comparison...
Those 7/8/955's are bulletproof machines. Nothing wrong with them IMO, Quality & performace wise, they were and still are hard to beat. Around here those 55's outnumber all other brands of similar vintage 3:1, still bazillions of them cutting grass and blowing snow.
Seriously, I think the 7/8/955 tractor series were the machines that put CUT's on the map.
All that being said I do think Deere held on to that design/model series a little too long. Towards the end of the run the Kubota machines WERE superior in the size & options available. The original Grand L series came out at precisely the time when guys were looking to upgrade their 55's...Deere didnt have the machine and Kubota had built up a name...right place, right time, right machine...
When my dad got his L2900 Kubota (yes WilliamsBos, it had the Glide Shift ;)) the Deere option was the 955, which was physically smaller...I would say that putting the 2 side by side isnt fair..the Kubota is way more machine.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #43  
Why?

Andy

I prefer the ehydro for close in manuevering, doesn't get any easier than that. The Deere cab has great visibility for rearward vision.

I like New Holland though, I don't consider my self a John Deere maniac either.

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #44  
Seriously, I think the 7/8/955 tractor series were the machines that put CUT's on the map.

The CUT's were on the map with Kubota & Ford models long before the Deere 7/8/955 tractor series.

Andy

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720?
Topic rambled a lot. But here's what i got,

Attachments

• 2tractor 111.jpg
    2tractor 111.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 202
   / Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #46  
Beautiful Machine!

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #47  
Congratulations. That's a serious looking machine. Not that familiar with NH, but it in the pic, it looks looks like you upsized considerably from the original 4060/4720 size.

Have fun!

/ Boomer 4060/JD 4720? #50  
Well you just got alot more tractor. I've had the old school Fords, Masseys, and have used the newer compact Boomers, Deere's and one Kubota MX5100. After using all these i would not own any compact. All of them are light machines and use high reving motors with no low end grunt. The Boomer is a little heavier but still has no balls unless you wind it up like a sewing machine. The tractor you just purchased has some *** to it and will be much more useful and last much longer. Congrats!