Used Kubota hard to find

/ Used Kubota hard to find #1  

Anonymous Poster

I tend to review the local Trader paper for cars, motorcycles, tractors, etc. I have noticed that there is a very lopsided ratio of John Deere to Kubota. In any given week there are many more JD for sale than Kubota. This is a totally consistent trend from week to week (in the S. Illinois Trader). The trend seems to be similar with American and Japanese trucks. There are always many more Chevy/Ford than Toyota/Nissan for sale. My first assumption is that JD just sells more than Kubota, but man there has got to be at least a 5:1 ratio of used machines for sale. Does JD really outsell Kubota by that much? Whatever the reason one fact is undisputable-the JD people get a much better selection of used machines in my area.

/ Used Kubota hard to find #2  
I think it must be by area, In my area NE Ohio, it is Kubota. But if I buy a newspaper 25 miles east of me it is John Deere and Ford/New Holland although many of these are larger then CUTs.

/ Used Kubota hard to find #3  
It's really difficult to make a judgement from the want ads as to what is going on in a given market. In your case, you could just as reasonably draw the conclusion that Kubota is outselling JD by 5:1 and the reason for all the listings is people are selling off their old machines. The best way I have found to get a feel for an area is to drive around and see what folks have parked in their fields, and barns. But even this is not really a good measure. Even if you visit local dealers, it is sometime hard to tell.

/ Used Kubota hard to find #4  
Probably does depend on the area. I look at Lancaster Farming every week which serves the Mid Atlantic states up through New York. About 50% of the paper is ads including multiple page ads featuring larger equipment from dealers. From what I've seen there seems to be a good selection of older used Kubota equipment. But it isn't uniform from dealer to dealer. You seldom see recent models available used.

/ Used Kubota hard to find #5  
The only good used compacts I see are almost as expensive as a new one. I bought new instead of used for 4 reasons:
a. 2 year warranty
b. finance charges were cheaper than a bank loan
c. a comparable used tractor was only a small amount less than a new one and
d. I didn't want someone else's problem child

/ Used Kubota hard to find #6  
Could it be that the Deere's are lasting longer and there are more of them still around?

/ Used Kubota hard to find #7  
I think Deere has been around longer here and has more older models around than Kubota and more bigger models, too. I don't think Kubota has anything like the 9300 here, for example. Dealers in your area have a lot to do with it, too.

/ Used Kubota hard to find #8  
Yamaben,
Used Kubota Tractors are much easier to find around PA, as stated before. Kubota has been in the Compact Tractor market a long time. As for newer used Kubota's ,I've looked on Ebay, and my local trader papers. Lancaster Farmer is one in my area. Keep your chin up, and keep looking./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif You'll find what you want.

/ Used Kubota hard to find
Thanks for the response. I really am not looking to buy another tractor, I guess I just have a strange taste in reading material. I just like "keeping my ear to the ground" so I tend to look through the Trader weekly. I was just wondering out loud if Kubota/JD availability was the same in other parts of the country. It must just be us S. Illinois rednecks, but in this week's Trader there are 95 listings with the prefix John Deere, and at least 36 of them are tractors.(the rest are implements, etc.) There are a total of 7 Kubota listings (all tractors). Like I said I'm just wondering out loud. I think eventually I would like to buy a modern Kubota. I really like the quality and features on their machines. If Kubota's don't start to stake a little more of a claim in the Trader, maybe I'll start liking JD's features and quality better. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Used Kubota hard to find #10  
Yamaben:

And maybe you'll have to lead a Kubota trend in your area. Have you thought about a Kubota franchise?