Massey Ferguson 35

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #1  
Tractor
John Deere 5205
Anyone have any experience/knowledge about these tractors? How much they may be worth? It is a gas engine model in decent shape with good tires and average hours. Has been barn kept.

Thanks alot for any info.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #2  
priced a lil higher than an 8n.. you see 35's in good shap going for as high as 3500 around here.. say 1500-3500 as a range depending on condition.. etc. If it was a 135.. it'd fetch a bit more

soundguy

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #3  
Anyone have any experience/knowledge about these tractors? How much they may be worth? It is a gas engine model in decent shape with good tires and average hours. Has been barn kept.

Thanks alot for any info.

I paid $3600 in Jul06 for my 1964 MF-135 diesel. It runs OK (needs a water leak fixed now), but was pretty dirty and the front grill was beat up.

DSCF0024 (Small).JPG

DSCF0025 (Small).JPG

The MF 35 is an earlier model, gas. So if it's in really, really good condition, maybe $2500-3000.

/ Massey Ferguson 35
Thanks alot for advice. We were looking for a smaller/mid size tractor for our raking and tedding work instead of putting so many hours on our main tractor. It appeared to me that this tractor might be a little heavier than a 8n and might have little more hp. Am i correct in thinking that? Not sure if it is a TO-35 or standard 35 yet, haven't had a chance to get the serial number off of it. Would that make a difference in the price? What would be the easiest way to tell the difference between two? Any real problems with that model that I should be concerned with? Thanks alot.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #5  
Thanks alot for advice. We were looking for a smaller/mid size tractor for our raking and tedding work instead of putting so many hours on our main tractor. It appeared to me that this tractor might be a little heavier than a 8n and might have little more hp. Am i correct in thinking that? Not sure if it is a TO-35 or standard 35 yet, haven't had a chance to get the serial number off of it. Would that make a difference in the price? What would be the easiest way to tell the difference between two? Any real problems with that model that I should be concerned with? Thanks alot.

According to TractorData.com, that MF35 can weigh anywhere between 3000 and 6000 lb.

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 35 tractor informationhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1846565

My MF135 weighs about 3100 lb without loaded rear tires and about 3600 lb with fluid in the rears.

You can check the serial numbers on the TractorData link above.

The TO-35 was manufactured between 1954 and 1961. The MF35 ran from 1960-64. So the price on the MF35 might be a little higher.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #6  
the mf35 will be more desireable than the to-35

soundguy

/ Massey Ferguson 35
Thanks for information, going to look at it on Saturday, let you know what happens. Maybe get some pictures too.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #8  
we love pics!

soundguy

/ Massey Ferguson 35
According to TractorData.com, that MF35 can weigh anywhere between 3000 and 6000 lb.

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 35 tractor informationhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1846565

My MF135 weighs about 3100 lb without loaded rear tires and about 3600 lb with fluid in the rears.

You can check the serial numbers on the TractorData link above.

The TO-35 was manufactured between 1954 and 1961. The MF35 ran from 1960-64. So the price on the MF35 might be a little higher.
Flusher, I noticed on your profile that you have a MF 124 baler, I have a MF 12 baler. Have you ever had any problems with mistying on one side? Also, what do you do annually for maintenance on it? Just starting out haying on our farm and looking for some helpful advice. Thanks.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 #10  
Flusher, I noticed on your profile that you have a MF 124 baler, I have a MF 12 baler. Have you ever had any problems with mistying on one side? Also, what do you do annually for maintenance on it? Just starting out haying on our farm and looking for some helpful advice. Thanks.

I just planted my first hay crop last Oct (Kanota oat hay, dry land farmed) so I don't have much hands-on experience with that 124 baler yet.

I did check it out last April and the knotters did OK. However, the slip clutch facings are pretty worn so I have to get those refurbished or replaced.

We harvest here in early May. So between now and then I'll go through the complete checkout and alignment procedure on the pickup, packer, plunger and knotter mechanisms. The drive chains need to be cleaned, lubed and re-tensioned for sure.

The guy I bought it from recommended spraying the knotters with WD-40 every few weeks to keep the rust down (I keep the baler in a shed).

The knotters on your MF12 baler are quite a bit different from the ones on my 124 shown here.

DSCF0214 (Small).JPG

DSCF0188 (Small).JPG

I don't have a photo of the MF12 knotters, but, IIRC, they look more complicated than the 124 knotters you see here.

Do a TBN search on "baler" and you'll get a lot of good advice on baler maintenance.