Help B2620 or BX

/ Help B2620 or BX #1  

larokris

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
We have app. 1.5 acres of grass, a small vine yard with 100 plants which probably will be extended to 200, some 4 - 500 yards of food plot / brush. The ground is very heavy clay!

I am planning on buying a tractor, FEL, RTR tiller, disc harrow, bottom plow, cultivator and maybe a back hoe. However I am just not sure what too buy and are considering BX 2360, BX25, B2320 and B2620.

I have had a 2350 with FEL, 60"mmm, Landpride RTR0542 earlier and absolutely loved it :D Now we have more land and a little more jobs to do....

Does the B cut grass as good as the BX?

Sorry for the long post!

/ Help B2620 or BX #2  
larokris- welcome to TBN. not a long post at all. in fact, more info you provide,the better!

I have a BX24 on 2 acres and it suits me fine. I have heard that the cut is same as B. the only thing I heard is that the BX is floating deck and the B rests on the wheels so it shows the marks more with the B. The BX can do everything you ask of it and more, the B just do the same but has few other subtle differences. The B has higher ground clearance, wieghs more, doesnt have HST fan vulnerbility, bit more HP and easier to attach 3pt implements that you planning to use. If the BX has a quick attach hitch, then 3pt is no problem.

The BX25 comes with BH like you surmised, and with your old BX or other kubotas that doesnt come with BH would require BH to be mounted on 3 point hitch or add subframe for it.

Since you have plans to expand the vineyard guessing from your post, a B is nice as its taller for vineyard stuff, but the BX seems better at going between rows with more wiggle room. I guess it all boils down to what you really prefer and I have a gut feeling you have already decided. ;)

/ Help B2620 or BX #3  
I can only tell you of my experiences between the BX23 TLB with a 60" mmm. It cut the lawn as well, if not better then my garden tractors, only faster and I cut 2 acre's. Now I have a B3200, a bit larger then the tractors that you are looking at, I opted for a woods 72" RFM. It does cut the grass very well and you could compare it to the mmm, But I have to time the mowing schedule so that It's to wet as Tractor and RFM weighs in at a heavier foot print on the ground. Sometimes weight is your friend and sometimes It's not.
Good Luck with your choice, DevilDog

/ Help B2620 or BX #4  
I myself had a New Holland Scut which was the same tractor as the bx24/25. I traded in for a B2620. The main reasons I did this were more ground clearance (which I personally needed in my woods) bigger/stronger loader I have many boulders/rocks on my property that I use for hedge rows etc... foldable rops, not sure if the Bx's have this feature but my NH didnt. A big plus is the 3 speed hydro on the Bx2x20 series as opposed to the 2 speed on the Bx series. The medium range which is not offered on the BX is great and what I use 90% of the time. Much larger platform. I am 6'3" 225 lbs. and I felt very cramped on the smaller machine the B has much more "leg room" I liked the FEL control position alot more. As others will mention and I completly agree with the BX will do all (if not most) of the jobs the B will do it will just take a little longer. Again these were my reasons for upgrading. I do not mow w/ mine so I cant really chime in on that part. If you are deciding on the 2320 or the 2620 I would go w/ the 2620 for the little more money you will spend. In doing this you will be getting a bigger stronger loader (same as the 2920) more HP and more PTO HP which will allow you to run a bigger tiller. I would suggest testing both out at the dealer and see which one you feel most comfortable on and then weigh your pros and cons on the features. Good Luck and Keep us posted.

/ Help B2620 or BX #5  
I have no experience with a BX other than having looked at them prior to deciding on a B2920. The reason for the going to the B was more related to some other property we own and are clearing than the 3 acres where we live.

I sometimes mow our 3 acres with the B but usually use a John Deere GT that we kept because we have it so might as well use it and it has turf tires vs the industrial tires on the B and weighs less so fewer tracks. When mowing with the B, if the ground is wet, you will probably see some track and especially where you turn if you go with industrial tires. The cut quality is as good as the JD GT, but the B turns very easily, so on wet ground it is easy to make some tracks even in 2wd. It goes away, but just be aware. An advantage though of the B2x20 series is it is very easy to remove or put the MMM back on. It is a drive over like John Deere, so within 5 minutes I can do it. From threads, it seems this is more difficult with the BX series. Also with the B, you don't have to worry about damaging the fan with or without the MMM on.

As far as the 3 ranges go on the B, the mid range is good for most of the stuff I do and is a pretty good combination of speed and power. I usually use the low range for heavier FEL work and plowing snow. The high range is mostly for traveling which may not be that big of a deal on smaller acreage. I did drive mine on New Years day about 2.5 mile to clear driveway of our next door neighbor's mother. So it was good to at least be able to go 11 or 12 MPH.

/ Help B2620 or BX #6  
I myself had a New Holland Scut which was the same tractor as the bx24/25. I traded in for a B2620.
1*The main reasons I did this were more ground clearance (which I personally needed in my woods) bigger/stronger loader I have many boulders/rocks on my property that I use for hedge rows etc...
2*foldable rops, not sure if the Bx's have this feature but my NH didnt..
1*And a higer CG.
2*The BX 23 24 and 25 have a foldable rops.

/ Help B2620 or BX #7  
Your decision may very well come down to FEL capacity and the B2620 or B2920 is going to win that comparison over a BX. No HST fan to worry about either.

The second most important thing to ask is whether you will need the ground clearance. It sounds as if you just might. The BX is pretty sweet and now comes with a high RPM rated 26 hp engine. But there is no substitute sometimes for the taller stance. There just isn't. You seem well informed. Best wishes on your new purchase.

/ Help B2620 or BX #8  
I owned a BX for nine years, just traded for a 2620 this past spring. The BX was used to mow a 2.5 acre lawn and a 2.0 acre lawn. I also maintained 300' of driveway, and did various small landscaping projects.

I bought a commercial ZTR last year, and I also bought a 10 acre field that I plan to build a house on. Not needing the tractor to mow, I traded for the B because jobs on the new land include bush hogging 4 acres that are rough, tilling some of the land close to the woods for food plots, some heavy duty landscaping, and perhaps running a 6' RFM on parts of the remaning 6 acres.

I wanted greater clearance for the bush hogging and tilling, more loader capacity for the lanscaping, and more power for the bush hog and mower.

Will

/ Help B2620 or BX #9  
1*And a higer CG.
2*The BX 23 24 and 25 have a foldable rops.

LB, Thanks for chiming in on the ROPS. As far as the higher center of gravity this was a non issue for me as my ground is relativly flat and stable so I personally didnt need to worry about it.

/ Help B2620 or BX
LB, Thanks for chiming in on the ROPS. As far as the higher center of gravity this was a non issue for me as my ground is relativly flat and stable so I personally didnt need to worry about it.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate the advise! It was not an easy decision this time as the BX fits better into a few tights spots we have and the B obviously would work better in the field. However the decision was made today and it will be a BX2360. Should we need a larger tractor later I just hope that I can convince the wife to let me get a B3030HSDC and become fleet owner :D

Again thanks for the advise - great forum!

Soon to be Botaowner again:cool: