NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL?

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I've been comparing the New Holland 7308 FEL (fits TC29D/33D) and the Kubota LA402(fits B2710/B2910).

The breakdown is as follows:
New Holland vs. Kubota
Lift height to bucket pin - 100.8" vs. 82.3"
Clearance w/bucket dumped - 83.3" vs. 65.5"
Lift capacity@pivot pin - 875# vs. 1060#
Breakout force - 2344# vs. 1618#

The New Holland has a much higher lift capacity and breakout force while the Kubota has the edge in lift capacity.

I could use either one and be satisfied, however, would the higher lift/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif of the New Holland give more flexibility for additional uses?

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #2  
When I purchased this spring I went through much the same problem. I was looking to upgrade from our 22 year old Kubota to a small but strong CUT, that could be used for part time commercial excavating and landscaping. Therefore the loader was a very important. I ended up with a New holland TC29. Although I did look at the Kub B29210. The TC29 is physically bigger. Since I wanted something that could move a lot of dirt effeicently, I to was a little skeptical about the max lifting capacity of the N.H.7308. I ended up with a Woods 1012 loader, ( @ 1200lbs lifting cap.) with a 66" HD bucket. For my purposes, it was a good choice. However since then I have had the opportunity to operate another TC29 with the 7308 and was amazed at its ability to lift. I picked up my 1100 lb steel welding table with it. not sure where New holland gets there specs from.

In regards to your question higher lift is always handier. It allows you to load a bigger vehicle (small dump truck, etc). You have a lot more possibilities when rigging something for lifting. you can reach such places as a loft or second story. It extends your reach when you have to use as it a manlift. Nice diving platform at the swimming. It looks really neat in the front yard with christmas lights all over it. And It makes a great a lifting point while your butchering a moose or maybe two deer. I'm sure I've left out a few good things that you can do with a higher lift. But its always coming in handy for something.

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #3  
I also bought at Woods 1012 loader for my TC33D about a year ago. My main reasons were heavier lift capacity and larger dump & rollback angles than the NH 7308. I never have been able to figure out where NH gets their numbers, since it does seem that their loader has decent power compared to others. I'm curious: where did you find out that their 875# rating was at the bucket pin? I couldn't find that in any of their literature. I always assumed that given their performance, the 875# rating must have been for the bucket center, rather than the pin.

BTW... the Kubota L3010 with the LA482 loader is probably a closer match to the TC29/33 with a 7308 loader (rather than the kubota B2710/2910 with LA402 FEL)

John Mc

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL?
John Mc:

The current "New Holland, Boomer Compact Tractors" sales literature lists on page 23, for the 7308, lift capacity@the pivot pin - 875#.

I'm really curious about the new curved arm loader(14la?). What the specs will be for it and if it's worth waiting till it hits the dealers. Dealers I spoke with were not willing to lock in a price yet. They did'nt know if mounting would be the same as the 7308 loader.

If we compare New Holland 7308(TC29D33D), Kubota La482(L3010), Kubota La402(B2710/2910)
Lift height to pivot pin - 100.8"- 95.9" - 82.3"
Clearance with bucket dumped - 83.3" - 76.4" - 65.5"
digging depth - 4" - 2.6" - 5.3"
Lift capacity@pivot pin - 875# - 1224# - 1060#

Tractor width - 54.3" - 56.7" - 53.8"
Wheelbase - 63" - 65.7" - 65.6"
Overall length - w/3pt 106.2" - w/out 3pt 110.8" - w/out 3pt 99.2"
3pt lift @ 24' AFT - 1635# - 2200# - 1300#
Weight - 2474# - 2745# - 1763# (Kub's with or w/out tires?)

Is the L3010 a beefier, heavier tractor than the NH TC33D and would you consider the NH TC33D to fall somewhere in-between the B2910 and the L3010?

P.S. I have been a closet TBNer for a about 3 months now and have become quite addicted to TBN on a daily basis. What a wealth of information all the TBNers have shared.
My hat's off to all the TBN contributors!

Shoppintractors
Don

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #5  
Yes the Kub L3010 is a bigger beefier tractor than the New Holland TC29D/33D. Not a whole lot mind you. I to considered the L3010, but bought the TC29 instead. One of the reasons was that the non supersteer TC29 has a better turning radius than the L3010. And from the feel of the two, the TC29 may have a better power to weight ratio. although this may be gearing. As I said before even though I went with an aftermarket loader, I'm very happy with my TC29. And depending on your personal usage and how comfortable you feel on the tractor. Either the New Holland TC29d/33D or the Kubota L3010 should have the capabilities you seem to be specifying. As for the LA14 loader, I'm sur they will have some improvements over the 7308. However it may still be some time before they show up at dealers. And there may be start up production problems that they may have to deal with.

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #6  
Don,

If you been lurking about for three months, you may have noticed that I have been asking 14LA also, receiving some good input from TBNers in the NH area. My dealer had the same answers as yours. The mounting question is my biggest concern. I've decided to go with the 7308, since "a bird in the hand..." and the $1275 dealer rebate combined with the low rate financing is just too tempting. I know the program might be continued, but then again it might not.

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL?
Kodiak,

One New Holland dealer told me I would void the warranty if a put an aftermarket loader on. Did you run into this?

My Ford 1220 FEL raises 78". Not wanting any less height than I already have/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, In the Kubota line I have to go at least to the B2710(82.3") and in the New Holland line the TC24D(85.5") and the TC29D(100.8").

I was leaning toward Kubota due to the proximity and people at the Kubota dealership but I'm just not gaining much lift height with the B2710/B2910. I found them to be very comfortable tractors, easy on and off the left side(loader handle hinders right side). L3010 is just way overkill for my needs.

The New Holland TC24D would certainly handle my needs but I just was'nt comfortable having to practically climb over the steering wheel to get on the tractor (needs a tilt wheel). Enter the TC29D - comfortable seating, tilt wheel, heavy duty HST pedal - just about the same overall length as the TC24D (106.2" vs. 106.3"). I'm "acreage challenged" with just an acre and a half with many trees on half of it. So, if I get the TC29D I'll probably be looking for outside work for more seat time/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

shoppintractors
Don

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #8  
In reply to your question. No adding an aftermarket loader has not and should not have any affect on your warranty. In fact it was my New Holland dealer that helped me pick out the Woods loader and backhoe to complete this great package.

The TC24D also looks like a great tractor, although it does come with the next size smaller loader. I'm not sure what it ( 7106 I think) specs out at. Apparently New Holland will have the new 12LA loader out for the 24D later this fall. But once again its comes down to a matter of when. As well as if it will have any first production run problems.

On an interesting note, I'm on my way out to the farm where we hold our annual Sky Valley Antique Tractor Club show (Aug. 9,10,11). We were doing some prep work out there tis weekend. One of the other members had brought his new B2910 ( 7 hours on it) to spread new gravel in the parking area. When he shut it down It wouldn't start. So I'm meeting him and a kubota Mechanic out there to see about gett it fixed.

As far as finding side jobs to keep your tractor going. Well as soon as word gets out that you have a new tractor with a loader on it. It will probably amaze you as to how many freinds and family will come out of the woodwork, all with interesting request for tractor work.

Good luck on your quest.

/ NH FEL vs. Kubota FEL? #9  
<font color=blue>The current "New Holland, Boomer Compact Tractors" sales literature lists on page 23, for the 7308, lift capacity@the pivot pin - 875#.</font color=blue>

Hmmm... guess it's time to pick up a new brochure. Mine just says: Lift Capacity 800#.

<font color=blue>Is the L3010 a beefier, heavier tractor than the NH TC33D and would you consider the NH TC33D to fall somewhere in-between the B2910 and the L3010?</font color=blue>

Yes, the L3010 is slightly more tractor than the TC33D (in physical size, weight, and some other specs). But the two are the closest match between these two brands, IMO. I looked long and hard at the L3010 when I was shopping, but the NH just felt like a better fit to me.

John Mc