Used CUT prices in current recession

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #31  
A couple of things,

prices are usually lower this time of year, and go up in the spring.

if interest rates on new equipment goes back up this will yield higher used prices

the economy especially in your area can have a marked effect on prices

don't expect to find that much of a bargain if you wait, reason is these small
tractors can be easily and inexpensively shipped for sale in better markets.

As for buying now or waiting until later, I wouldn't buy a tractor if there was a chance it might cause any type of financial hardships later on. hat said I don't think you are going to save money by waiting either.

I agree completely with Steve particularly with giving consideration to impact on future finances if somehing were to wrong

if the purchase results in less than 6 months opperating cash on-hand then I would not purchase regardless of price

I have no faith whatsoever in the near to mid term prospects for the economy

Joel

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #32  
If they say you can't see it cause it's in another city ready to ship, you know it's a scam.
So I asked and this was the reply..
The tractor is already at a shipping company my brother in law works for. He promissed me he will deliver it at no cost in all the US cities while I`m out of town. I also list it on eBay for a secure transaction using their VPP (vehicle purchase protection) program. If you are still interested in buying the tractor I can give you the link to my auction. It`s a buy it now auction so you won`t have to bid. thank you for your time

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #33  
The short answer is: "This is a scam."

The longer answer is: "This is an intelligence test. If you send them any money, you fail."

Think about it. No one who has a high dollar item to sell legitimately puts it in a place where it can not be inspected by a potential buyer. Only a very gullible person would spend money on a big ticket item sight unseen. Especially from an unknown seller. Pass on this.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #34  
Scam, scam, scam. I've seen this a few times before, where they offer to use Ebay's protection plan. Seems like the latest scam strategy. It boggles the mind how they can dream up and implement these new strategies to steal an honest person's money.
And free shipping??? Come on now....

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #35  
i always say if you can afford it buy it.If you can't leave it alone because if you buy it and can't afford it you'll wish you didn't:D:D

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #36  
The deal i got was from an estate sale but i looked at A Lot of tractors before i took money out of the bank in cash to make the deal and if he would have turned me down i would have had a nice drive to a nice part of the country i had never been to and went back to looking for what i wanted for a price i was willing to pay.... Posted under... Kubota owning/operating.. got me a deal
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I won't bother anymore with Ebay i have done far better with Craigslist
If i can't see it i'm not interested..I'm to old to fall for that one :eek::eek::eek:

When you go to auctions pre-inspect the equipment if you want to buy it
I seen to many people who i still laugh at who bought tractors that had bad oil leaks and missing bolts and only 3 holding the wheels on and still WAY over paid :rolleyes:
By they time they fix it up to running condition you could have spent a little more for new with a warranty(Some people get auction fever) I Don't :cool:
Shilling still happens even though it's against the law!! Beware