Buying long distance !

/ Buying long distance ! #21  
Double check your weights I have the smallest Zetor cab & loader weighs in at 10K lbs. Also be sure the wheels are spaced under 102" wide to be road legal.

If local dealer does not stock parts I use www.zetorusa.com UPS to the barn door & discounted as well.

I have bought stuff as far away as 1500 mi. I bought a Genie boom once & the clowns forklifted it on a lowboy w/o ramps 5 tons & no way to offload at destination.

Post pics when you get it.

/ Buying long distance ! #22  
I got canned by moss road & moderators for a month then got nailed with a ton of backhoe & dumptruck work. lol

Sorry to hear you got sent to the penalty box Builder. I've run afowl of a certain Epic Contributor, so only time will tell if I get to go sit in the corner.

As a result, I've also started hanging out at MU.

/ Buying long distance !
Well it took a while but I wanted to post an update.
We put the deal together and it all worked out real well.
Ive had a couple of weeks now to check the tractor out and everything is just as the dealer described it.

A couple of things I learned in the process and wanted to pass on :

1. I got the dealer to send lots of pictures and to fill up a condition report on every aspect of the machine (Thanks Whitey !) I asked specifically about signs of wear, broken, damaged, fluid leaks, abnormal operating noise, signs of proper maintenance etc.
Basically anything I would have checked had I been there in person. It provided a useful written record of the common understanding we had of the condition of the machine.

2. As it was a local trade I asked to speak to the previous owner - which the dealer and owner agreed to and which proved informative. Just the fact that both were willing to do it spoke volumes and how he talked about it told as much as what he said. I found it helpful but would also suggest take some precautions to check its genuine if going this route.

3. Consider having the dealer manage the shipping. Even though I was ultimately paying for it - it meant he was responsible until it was delivered to me as described. But establish exactly where its going to be delivered to. Its cheaper to ship on a flat bed but requires a loading dock to get it on the ground versus if its shipped on a low rider or dedicated trailer with ramps.
I needed to get access to a loading dock and that wasnt easy.

Anyhow - just wanted to share what I learned and maybe pay forward some of the help that was given to me.