Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority
Am sure you have been to Lanford Equipment, I've been happy with them as my dealer. There are several tractor dealers in Temple and Taylor, might look at their lots to see if they have a used tractor with low hours. I found mine that way. PM me if you wish details of dealers I've been to. Drop by for a visit, I'm just 1 mile off I35

I got a quote from Lanford for a new Kubota, but it just wasn't competitive with the Kiotis and TYMs. It was a B3030HSDC with FEL, cab, shredder, PH digger and boxblade for 26.4K. I could get a 38-45 HP k/TYM for that price with much better financing options. Of course I am open to hearing if others think I should put it on my short list.

That's a great suggestion - calling Taylor, Temple, etc. dealers to see what they have used. I pefer new, for warranty etc., but would consider a 1-3 year old under warranty in great condition. But the price would also have to offset the increased financing charges...

Thanks again for the great advice, and next tiem I head north, I may give you a shout. That's very neighborly of you.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #22  
Tym site says there's a dealer in Briggs up 183. Have you checked them out? I would be hesitant myself about having a dealer so far away. Even if they are the best tractor in the world, stuff will break. Whether its warranty from a bad part or if you break it from over doing it, its a long way to haul it to repair it. I guess what I'm saying is the dealer preferably would be close and have a full service and repair shop along with a parts department that can get stuff fast if you are broke down. The dealership system ADDS value to your investment over the long haul. I can drive my tractor to the dealer 3 miles away. Stop to think how Hummer and Saturn owners feel about their investments. My 2 cents, I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for" and "There ain't no free lunch".

Good luck with whatever you end up with. I enjoy seeing your local price comparisons. The Kubota deal seemed pair to me but I'd prefer more HP than a 3030 for my needs. Remember, an Air conditioner can take up to 5 hp itself to run in the summer.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #23  
I got a quote from Lanford for a new Kubota, but it just wasn't competitive with the Kiotis and TYMs. It was a B3030HSDC with FEL, cab, shredder, PH digger and boxblade for 26.4K. I could get a 38-45 HP k/TYM for that price with much better financing options. Of course I am open to hearing if others think I should put it on my short list.

That's actually an excellent price for a Kubota with all of those options and attachments based on my experience. For me it comes down to service and dealer support. None of the smaller brands like Kioti, TYM, Mahindra, etc. are well represented in my area which put all of them out of real consideration. I did look briefly at the specs on a TYM but frankly I wasn't impressed at the total package. I really wanted to get 2,000 pounds of FEL lift capacity and even though the TYM was bigger and had more power than some of the other tractors I was looking at it had less FEL capacity. That and I really wanted either a hydro or CVT tranny. I've said it numerous times that I don't think that anyone really makes a bad tractor so I doubt you'd be disappointed with any tractor you buy but don't completely overlook service and dealer support just for price. It certainly makes your decision making a little more difficult.

Excellent points kyle and Lt. The Briggs TYM dealership has not ever answered the phone or answered an email, so I doubt I'd want to rely on them. THe Sealy dealership has a FT mechanic, but I think that's about it. Plus its about 100 miles away.

For Kioti, there's Paige, which is 50 miles away and it seems to have a good service dept. and there is also a dealer in San Marcos, about 25-30 miles away ACT or ACD - I forget. I think I may run out there tomorrow and see them.

I really wish Lanford had a machine I liked and could afford. Maybe another call to see their used inventory is in order.

What I really want now is a cab tractor with fel, backhoe, box blade, shredder and ph digger. At least 30 HP, up to 40ish would be better.

A hydrostat would also be really nice, but they seem scarcer in the 35+ hp machines.

Oh, and I need to keep it at around 30K new or 25K used.

Tough task, and I may need to make equipment concessions or live with trailering 100 miles to Sealy.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #25  
If you can find a new unit anywhere with 40ish hp you better saddle up and go the distance if you can find that for 30k.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #26  
Just FYI...I have no interest in any and know only what CL says.... use "tractor cab" as your search terms to find. Use Search Tempest and extend search for 300 miles to get items outside Austin. I found these....

There is a John Deere 4230 cab tractor - fresh overhaul - 5875 hours - very clean, 110 hp with loader. $19,500 in Manor on CL.

or John Deere 2550 cab and air runs great and everything works for $10495.00 in Hondo.

John deere 2755 cab tractor with loader - $17950 (crawford )

selling a slightly used Kubota M5040 with Ultra Cab, $25000. The tractor has only 25 hrs run time and has a loader and 6' mower. It is 50 hp and also has 4 wheel drive. (in LaPorte)

None new, but in your price range. I don't know of any are still available, but were listed at time of this posting.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #27  
You might be able to get pretty close to that $30k number without the backhoe. A backhoe is going to run you at least $7k. There's no way you'll be able to get a cab tractor with AC in the 30 to 40 horsepower range with a backhoe for $30k new or even $25k used, maybe you'd have success with $30k used but then you lose out on financing incentives. Honestly right now I'd think the Kubota B3030HSDC that you referenced earlier may be your best bet. That was a great price and about the only thing missing was a backhoe if I remember correctly. You could probably get the whole package with a Woods BH80X or something similar for about $35K given the price on the tractor. Good luck in your search I look forward to seeing what you end up with, as your desires are pretty close to mine, that is an air conditioned cab for mowing and other grounds maintenance as your priority.

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #28  
Thanks for your input. I PMed the NH guy in Waco, but have not heard back. If you get a chance- check out the MF vs. NH video on the MF website. I understand it is going to be biased, coming from the MF folks, but I'd like to get an actual owners opinion of what they had to say.

Head-to-Head: MF1643 vs. New Holland & Kubota

I just read your message above. i am sorry i would have gotten back with you i did not get a PM from you. i would still be happy to talk with you and email you some info

I just read your message above. i am sorry i would have gotten back with you i did not get a PM from you. i would still be happy to talk with you and email you some info

PM sent

/ Need a tractor with a cab and a/c as top priority #30  
I live about 8 miles from the Paige Kioti dealer. I don't know the family personnaly but I know of them(and have met them before) and they are good, honest people.