Comparison Mahindra vs. Massey

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #1  

Mr. 5000

I am set on a new 50 horse compact tractor with 4wd and a loader. After talking to dealers with John Deere, New Holland, Kubota, Massey, and Mahindra. I have narrowed my choices down to two tractors. The Mahindra5035 - $25000.00 and the Massey 1552 $27,000.00. The Massey is a cash price so I will need to finance through my bank. The Mahindra is true 0% for 5 years. Both tractors come with 5 year factory warrantys. The tractors spec out almost the same with the Mahindra having a slight advantage due to 2000 pounds of extra chassis weight. Both dealers are equal distance away and both seem like good guys. My question for those of you in the know, what is the smarter purchase? Im sure the Mahindra is a great tractor but will it hold resale value? Also why is a off brand tractor (mahindra) roughly as expensive as the Massy.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #2  
I am not sure how you compare tractors. The Mahindra in this case is not 2000 lbs heavier than the Massey, but it is 1400 lbs heavier. That is 36% heavier and that amounts to a lot more traction and stability. As for pricing the Mahindra is 7.5% less expensive and if you figure out the 0% for 60 months, it amounts to quite a bit more. Also world wide Mahindra does rival Massey in tractor sales. Here in the US Massey does have a large edge over Mahindra in sales and yes the Massey will hold its value better. I am not saying the Massey is not a good tractor, it is just a quite a bit lighter duty tractor than the Mahindra you are comparing it to. Any how I wish you good luck with what ever choice you make.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #3  
what was the financed price for the Massey? You should be able to go to 72 months @ 0%. I couldn't find any specs on the 5035 to compare, I guess it must be a newer model.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey
Financed Price is 30,000.00 for the Massey.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #5  
I am not sure how you compare tractors. The Mahindra in this case is not 2000 lbs heavier than the Massey, but it is 1400 lbs heavier. That is 36% heavier and that amounts to a lot more traction and stability. As for pricing the Mahindra is 7.5% less expensive and if you figure out the 0% for 60 months, it amounts to quite a bit more. Also world wide Mahindra does rival Massey in tractor sales. Here in the US Massey does have a large edge over Mahindra in sales and yes the Massey will hold its value better. I am not saying the Massey is not a good tractor, it is just a quite a bit lighter duty tractor than the Mahindra you are comparing it to. Any how I wish you good luck with what ever choice you make.

Agreed. I had a Mahindra 6000 and I believe the 5035 is the same frame a substantially heavier unit. Old school larger displacement lower revving engine. I like the Masseys but having transitioned from a Mahindra to a lighter higher revving Kioti, the one thing I miss is the substantial feel of the Mahindras. I like the economy of the Kioti and the Cab, but I miss the brute torque and heavier duty loader. The Iseki based Masseys are more competitive with the Kioti lighter duty units, not that this is bad.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #6  
Agreed. I had a Mahindra 6000 and I believe the 5035 is the same frame a substantially heavier unit. Old school larger displacement lower revving engine. I like the Masseys but having transitioned from a Mahindra to a lighter higher revving Kioti, the one thing I miss is the substantial feel of the Mahindras. I like the economy of the Kioti and the Cab, but I miss the brute torque and heavier duty loader. The Iseki based Masseys are more competitive with the Kioti lighter duty units, not that this is bad.
The 5035 is more akin to a large compact, born of the 3535 and 4535. See third pic in first post. Now taking orders!!!! - TractorByNet.com I believe you are referring to the 30 series tractors as being same frame as the 6000.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #7  
LOL, in my part of the country I'd almost consider Massey more of an unknown/has been/ than a Mahindra tractor. If the prices were equal, I'd go with the Mahindra. IMHO, Massey is living on an old name much like Cub Cadet. I'd take a Mahindra over either of those in a heartbeat.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #8  
LOL, in my part of the country I'd almost consider Massey more of an unknown/has been/ than a Mahindra tractor. If the prices were equal, I'd go with the Mahindra. IMHO, Massey is living on an old name much like Cub Cadet. I'd take a Mahindra over either of those in a heartbeat.

Same in my neck of the woods. I don't know where the nearest Massey dealer is.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #9  
Sadly, neither Massey nor Mahindra have a strong dealer network here in northern Michigan. There are a half dozen green and orange dealers in my mental directory. Perhaps this is why those two dominate the market to the degree they do.

What a shame. That's an old Massey in my avatar. Frankly, if they were still "present" up here and doing more than merely re-branding a tractor (Iseki) made by someone else, (albeit a pretty good one, I hear) I'd move them up to my "must review" list. Is Massey anything more than a decal division? I dunno.

/ Mahindra vs. Massey #10  
. Frankly, if they were still "present" up here and doing more than merely re-branding a tractor (Iseki) made by someone else, (albeit a pretty good one, I hear) I'd move them up to my "must review" list. Is Massey anything more than a decal division? I dunno.

You know that a lot of brands do the same thing with their smaller tractors including John Deere and New Holland. I think that there are only a few brands that actually manufacture all of their own machines.