Ford 1700

/ Ford 1700 #11  
Just a little engine work, a little paint, a few other items and she'll look almost new. Hmmmmmm

/ Ford 1700 #12  
I'll bet theres a few of those around here at some of the dairies, that are nothing left butthe engine and running gear.

/ Ford 1700 #13  
So did you decide if you are going to sell it?If so I may be intrested. Did you come up with a price? Looks like a fair bit of work ahead for someone, but it looks like its mostly there. Does,[did] everything else work on it? Any other problems we can't see?

/ Ford 1700
It is definately going. I was posting to find out what's fair /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I was hoping to fund part of a Kasco quick hitch add-on for my L4610. (Still not sure how much one costs as they've not gotten back to me.)

As far as I know, here are the other issues with it:

1) it should have a new or recored radiator. The current one doesn't leak as far as I know, but it is missing one support and many fins are bent. It doesn't have a thermostat in it currently (last one failed, took it out so I could keep working. I think I also have the new one here).

2) on two occasions this past winter, I'd clutched and taken it out of gear, but when I let the clutch out, it was still in gear. Never happened before that I recall, not sure if there's any thing to this or not. There's no play in the shifters or cliutch, so it may just have been one of life's odd occurances.

3) One rear wheel plate is slightly bent. It has been this way for years, but doesn't affect its usage.

4) The light wiring is worn out. I hadn't used the lights for several years before this past winter--I just put those lights on and got them working (the superstitious part of me says that it died because I fixed the lights :). The temperature gauge wiring should be fixed. It has a ground problem (fails hot, so no risk of not knowing). It worked last I used it, but I'd lashed it together to get the driveway plowed.

5) the tires are original. It has been stored inside for most of its life (it was left out a fair amount in the summer because it had implements on). The tires you see are original, a little checked but not too bad.

6) the foot throttle and one of the pegs to hold the foot plate have been welded, The foot throttle needs to be welded again. If the peg bothered someone, it could be replaced--I just welded it for expediency.

7) almost forgot, the front differential leaks where the driveshaft goes in. When I talked to the dealer about this, he seemed to think this was a common problem and told me it would cost about $250 to have him fix it, including trucking it back and forth.

Somewhere I have a block heater for it (freeze plug variety, never installed).

All that said, if I could have ordered a new engine for it, I'd still be using it. It will be a sad day for me when it leaves. It came home when I was about 11 years old and I have many memories of time spent working with it.

-Chris

/ Ford 1700 #15  
Ah theres nothing like a two tractor family.

/ Ford 1700 #16  
Chris,
I think everyone is waiting for the offer to just haul it off /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif just teasing.

/ Ford 1700 #17  
<font color=red>I think everyone is waiting for the offer to just haul it off </font color=red>

I will be there tomarrow night./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

No realy, If you come up with a idea of a price, I may be interested.