Buying Advice Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920

/ Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920 #1  

neel517

1992 Ford 1920 4x4, with 7108 loader, 758B backhoe. A tree fell and landed just in front of the steering wheel taking out the gauges and breaking bell housing/block. Was in good working condition until this happened, although the hours are unknown. It will need a new block/bell housing/possibly crankshaft too....They're wanting 3K for it.....I dont mind doing all the repair work, but how hard are parts to find for this particular machine?
P2250189.jpg

P2250208.jpg

/ Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920 #2  
These are great tractors, one of my favorite choices for older compacts. I can't answer your questions concerning fixing the tractor ( parts are probably all still available but price is ???) but I can say with little doubt the tractor is worth $3K. The backhoe is probably worth that alone, loader is probably $1500+ used and other hard parts sold are a treasure trove of goodness. I don't know where you're located but if you pass on this deal, send me a PM, I would be interested in contacting the owner myself ;)

/ Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920 #3  
I think it is well worth the $3K, but as a salvage unit only. Unless you can come up with parts & pieces for far, far less than full list to put it back together, you will have one very expensive 1920 in your yard even with "free" labor.

/ Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920 #4  
i'd buy it just for the loader and backhoe, then try to find another tractor, you don't know what all you'll need when you break it down.

/ Would you buy this New Holland/Ford 1920 #5  
Check ith Messicks for avialibility and cost of main parts