L3000dt or tc30?

/ L3000dt or tc30? #1  

soarkrebel

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
I just moved into my new home that has 17 acres. country living ! ain't nothing like it!
I have been shopping for a tractor for awhile and had decided on a kubota L3000dt. i then made a mistake of stopping at a new holland dealer and looking and driving a tc30.i kinda like the tc30. the open operator area is nice and i actually liked the shifter on the console.
I did notice the tc30 was higher priced than the kubota. I like them both can someone help me in my confusion?
You know you are warped when you sit and study brochures on tractors!

/ L3000dt or tc30? #2  
<font color=blue>You know you are warped when you sit and study brochures on tractors!</font color=blue>

Careful, fella! You just described the entire membership of TBN. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I can tell you the L3000DT is a totally capable, albeit no frills, li'l workhorse. I can also tell you I was tempted by the blue machines just before I made my own purchase (L2500DT).

You will get plenty of feedback from other folks around here, but might very well remain just as confused. Maybe more. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I'm pretty sure you will be ecstatic with whatever you wind up with. Like many of us said in another thread recently, whether you wanted a boy or a girl, the baby you bring home will be the love of your life.
wink.gif

/ L3000dt or tc30?
I guess i should have rethought that brochure statement.
But i am a little confused by them . The tc30 says it has a lift capacity of 1635 lbs 24" aft of the hitch. The kubota says 1985 @ the LP . the new holland dealer gave me this pamplet claiming the tc30 beat it's competition. well my confusion is that if the tc30 has a lift capacity of 1635 lbs aft of the hitch wouldnt this put that point about at the lift point . if this is true the kubota has better lifting capacity at 1985lbs at the LP .
The tc30 doesnt show it's capabilitys 24" behind the LP. but kubota does .
See harv i'm studying these brochures to much. I just wish they made the L3000dt like the L4300 with the open operator area. i would love to have a L4300 but it is out of my budget.
And yep when you knock momma up you don't know what your getting . i had two boys and momma said she was pregnant. We were not going to have anymore but sometimes god sends you little miracles. i wanted another boy i couldn't handle the thought of a girl. well i got a little girl and she has melted me . i wouldnt trade her for the world.

/ L3000dt or tc30? #4  
There is a thread down i the Kubota buying & pricing forum entitled "Did I make the right choice L3000DT" that may answer a lot of your questions. You can also do a searchhere on TBN, there has been a ton of information about the New Holland TC30's.

Just to point one thing out. The New Holland TC30 apparently is the only economy compact tractor on the market with a choice of hydrostatic or gear transmissions.