Tractor
    Kubota L3000DT

Default L3000dt or tc30?

I just moved into my new home that has 17 acres. country living ! ain't nothing like it!
    I have been shopping for a tractor for awhile and had decided on a kubota L3000dt. i then made a mistake of stopping at a new holland dealer and looking and driving a tc30.i kinda like the tc30. the open operator area is nice and i actually liked the shifter on the console.
    I did notice the tc30 was higher priced than the kubota. I like them both can someone help me in my confusion?
    You know you are warped when you sit and study brochures on tractors!

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

Default Re: L3000dt or tc30?

<font color=blue>You know you are warped when you sit and study brochures on tractors!</font color=blue>

Careful, fella! You just described the entire membership of TBN. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I can tell you the L3000DT is a totally capable, albeit no frills, li'l workhorse. I can also tell you I was tempted by the blue machines just before I made my own purchase (L2500DT).

You will get plenty of feedback from other folks around here, but might very well remain just as confused. Maybe more. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure you will be ecstatic with whatever you wind up with. Like many of us said in another thread recently, whether you wanted a boy or a girl, the baby you bring home will be the love of your life.

Tractor
    Kubota L3000DT

I guess i should have rethought that brochure statement.
    But i am a little confused by them . The tc30 says it has a lift capacity of 1635 lbs 24" aft of the hitch. The kubota says 1985 @ the LP . the new holland dealer gave me this pamplet claiming the tc30 beat it's competition. well my confusion is that if the tc30 has a lift capacity of 1635 lbs aft of the hitch wouldnt this put that point about at the lift point . if this is true the kubota has better lifting capacity at 1985lbs at the LP .
    The tc30 doesnt show it's capabilitys 24" behind the LP. but kubota does .
    See harv i'm studying these brochures to much. I just wish they made the L3000dt like the L4300 with the open operator area. i would love to have a L4300 but it is out of my budget.
    And yep when you knock momma up you don't know what your getting . i had two boys and momma said she was pregnant. We were not going to have anymore but sometimes god sends you little miracles. i wanted another boy i couldn't handle the thought of a girl. well i got a little girl and she has melted me . i wouldnt trade her for the world.

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

There is a thread down i the kubota buying &amp; pricing forum entitled "Did I make the right choice L3000DT" that may answer a lot of your questions. You can also do a searchhere on TBN, there has been a ton of information about the New Holland TC30's.

Just to point one thing out. The New Holland TC30 apparently is the only economy compact tractor on the market with a choice of hydrostatic or gear transmissions.