Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

Default Re: What tractor to buy?

If you are limited to a $4000 dollar budget I think you are better off buying a good lawn mower like the Deere X324 AWS. Start working away from the house cleaning up areas as you go. Don't abuse the mower but get a cart to pull behind it When you get a large area cleaned and cleared check on renting a tractor and tiller for the weekend. If you can work steadily and are retired then rent a 40 hp tractor and equipment for a week or month to get the place ready to seed the lawn and clean up the wooded area. In a matter of weeks you should be able to get most of the heavy work done leaving you with mostly mower work.

My reasoning for the above is that the implements alone will cost quite alot of money, simply buying a tractor is only the beginning. I have had plenty of older tractors and equipment and still have some of it but parts can be expensive and hard to find, truth is if you are still busy working to feed a family it may cost you more time with old equipment than it is worth.

To sum it up I recomend buying one good piece of equipment at a time, buy it once and buy it right.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Mike058 View Post
    I've got 5 acres that are a bit more woods than grass, and I haven't been able to move out there yet due to the economy-but enough about me. I've been thinking about this awhile myself. So far, I've got a DR mower to keep the weeds and grass at bay. My next step, eventually, I'm thinking Kioti CK20 or something else in the under 25hp size. No loader for now, I can add that later. .
    If you buy a loader with the tractor you will get a much better price. There are often "free loader" deals. If you add one later you'll pay full freight which can be $2500-3500.

I had a CK20 to clean up and clear about 5 acres. Awesome little tractor for that type of work. Much more capable than any SCUT. Add a grapple and bush hog and you can clear most anything. A used low hour CK20 with loader can be had for $10-13K. Tremendous value.

Tractor
    still shopping

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    If you buy a loader with the tractor you will get a much better price. There are often "free loader" deals. If you add one later you'll pay full freight which can be $2500-3500.

I had a CK20 to clean up and clear about 5 acres. Awesome little tractor for that type of work. Much more capable than any SCUT. Add a grapple and bush hog and you can clear most anything. A used low hour CK20 with loader can be had for $10-13K. Tremendous value.
    Thanks, I didn't think about the shipping. I'll have to see what's available in the used market when I go shopping.
    Random accidents ahead, life's a lottery, Good luck.
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
    If someone throws you under the bus-remember to tuck and roll.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234