Does this model exist?

/ Does this model exist? #11  
I was/am shopping for a tractor that is 25+ pto hp, loader 4wd. The price meant it had to be a gear machine. I was looking at the NH 1510, and JD 790. I talked to the Kioti dealer and he wanted 2 grand more than the jd and nh. I could not figure out why an off brand would ask for more? The Branson was priced similar but why pay the same for an off brand? I called the Kubota dealer and he said an L2550 ( i think) would fit the bill but their pto's are not live and he would not recommend buying it because it was more than the JD that he also sold and the jd had a live pto. The MF (I forget the model) was a grand and half more than the NH. The NH is about the same price maybe a couple hundred more than the JD. Some of this information is a couple years old however this is my experience. Let us know what you buy.

I would guess the Kioti was a good bit larger and heavier tractor, than the NH or JD, and the thing they all had in common was HP.

/ Does this model exist? #12  
How about a Kubota L2800? Available with gear drive and has position control. Sticker price is just under $14K. I'm sure with some discounting and adding a FEL you'd be pretty near your $15K mark. No mid PTO though. Not sure what you plan to use it for, but it might fit the bill.

/ Does this model exist? #13  
How about a Kubota L2800? Available with gear drive and has position control. Sticker price is just under $14K. I'm sure with some discounting and adding a FEL you'd be pretty near your $15K mark. No mid PTO though. Not sure what you plan to use it for, but it might fit the bill.

Am I wrong? I thought the L2800 had a quarter inching 3PH.

/ Does this model exist? #15  
I'm anxious to see why you want gear drive.

If you have done any volume of loader work hydro or shuttle shift is the only way to go.

tom

/ Does this model exist? #16  
If you have a Mahindra dealer near, you could give a Mahindra 2816 a look.

/ Does this model exist?
Thank you all for the replys. I just noticed that this thread popped back up, sorry for the delay in replying. I can tell you that when you really get down to the brass tacks and are ready to buy and talking to dealers it is highly likely that you won't end up where you thought you would with regard to which tractor!! My original desire for a gear tractor was purely emotional - I have some experience on my dad's old 8n and to me it just seems that a tractor should have gear transmission, harkens to the "old days". I know, I know, not practical but the tractor is not a purely practical purchase for me, I'm not in production and when I'm on the machine working I won't be in a hurry, in fact just the opposite! But, a gear tranny on a CUT of this size does limit options a lot. I asked about the L2800 and it's in the high $16k range with a FEL. Too much! To make a long story short I've got money down on a new B2920 with FEL and I'm really happy about it. I gave up the gear tranny dream as well as position control but the details of the deal and a test drive won me over. I went in to drive a B2320 but this B2920 has been sitting on the dealer's floor too long and he wanted to move it. A couple of hundred bucks more than the B2320 was too much to pass up. Thanks for all of your input and I will keep you posted when I take delivery!

/ Does this model exist? #18  
I have B 2320 HST and I love it. Would have loved to get the B 2920 for the about the same price but was not as lucky as you!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WB