Buying Advice BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!!

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!!
I was in the same position last fall. I was all set to buy a BX25, had a reasonable price from a dealer and ready to sign the next day until a friend insisted I check the GC. Once I did there was no going back for me. If you have another M-F dealer that is fairly close you owe it to yourself to check out the GC. I'm confident if you spend a few minutes with each machine you will know which you prefer. Both are excellent machines and I would have been thrilled with either.

Many of the differences between the two come down to personal preference, but there are a few things where I felt the GC had a clear advantage, primarily the larger displacement (1123cc vs 898cc), lower rpm motor and the hydraulic flow / pressure at low rpm. I found the BX needed to be revved up a bit to make it move where the GC would move and lift itself off the ground just above idle. The GC has a little more "relaxed" character because of it, and I like that in a tractor.

Check out pg 5 of this thread for pics of my machine.

Great looking machine. The choices are harder than I thought they would be. I wish I could buy them both.

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #12  
I liked the easy on and off FEL and BH of the MF, the lower RPM's, the red color, the foward and rear pedals being side by side, and most of all the 6 years 0% financing :thumbsup:. That allowed me to get more attachments and still stay in my monthly budget. The MF website now only shows 5 years 0% financing. Good luck with your TLB choice and I am sure either one will work fine for you :D. KC

Ditto! I looked at orange, green and red.

The first was the BX (looked at the 25 and a holdover 24). It seemed ok but not what I had built it up to be in my mind. The tach is useless unless you put your face through the steering wheel. Also the rpm's had to be well over half throttle to work the FEL. The ride was decent and it turned on a dime. It did the typical Kubota pop a wheeley when stopping in reverse (high gear). 3pt arms are an option that has to be ordered with the tractor (some dealers will automatically do that though).

The next was the Massey GC2410. As soon as I saw it the BX whatever was completely out of the picture. IMHO just no comparison. The Massey looks and feels bigger. The tractor can lift itself off the ground at idle speed and at full rpm the FEL and BH are nice and quick. The FEL is quick disconnect as is the BH. A nice feature with the BH is that you don't have to remove the 3pt arms when it is installed. They fold up out of the way. The BH is also way more stout than the BX. For me the steering wheel was a bit low (I'm 6'1") and the pedels seemed a bit too high. The speed was faster than the BX but it did not seem to turm as tight but it wasn't bad either.

The last was the JD2305. It was comparable to the Massey. Slightly more comfortable steering wheel and pedel wise. Hydro was noiser than the other two. Also it needed to be above idle in the rpm range to move the FEL but not as high as the BX. I also liked the quick disconnect bucket on the FEL. I did not get a chance to look at one with a BH but I read a review on here that it was not up to par with the Massey construction wise. Another thing that bothered me was the tranny filter was very exposed and the same for the BX. The Massey was the only one with a guard for the filter. Hydraulic lines also hung down and were exposed. The 3pt hitch is a limided category 1.

My new Massey arrives Thursday. It was a little more than the BX or the JD but I also beleive it is more tractor. It was smooth and powerful. Nice insturments, standard quick connet FEL and BH. Hopefully it will work out for me. My advice is try them all out. Since it was winter I was able to push around snow in the parking lots of the dealers which really gives you a feel of using the hydro trans and the FEL controls.

Edit: I wanted to add that the Massey was a little more based on the financing option i took. Comparing cash prices the Massey was the cheapest.

Last edited:
   / BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #13  

The first was the BX (looked at the 25 and a holdover 24). It seemed ok but not what I had built it up to be in my mind. The tach is useless unless you put your face through the steering wheel. Also the rpm's had to be well over half throttle to work the FEL. The ride was decent and it turned on a dime. It did the typical Kubota pop a wheeley when stopping in reverse (high gear). 3pt arms are an option that has to be ordered with the tractor (some dealers will automatically do that though).

The next was the Massey GC2410. As soon as I saw it the BX whatever was completely out of the picture. IMHO just no comparison. The Massey looks and feels bigger. The tractor can lift itself off the ground at idle speed and at full rpm the FEL and BH are nice and quick. The FEL is quick disconnect as is the BH. A nice feature with the BH is that you don't have to remove the 3pt arms when it is installed. They fold up out of the way. The BH is also way more stout than the BX. For me the steering wheel was a bit low (I'm 6'1") and the pedels seemed a bit too high. The speed was faster than the BX but it did not seem to turm as tight but it wasn't bad either.

The last was the JD2305. It was comparable to the Massey. Slightly more comfortable steering wheel and pedel wise. Hydro was noiser than the other two. Also it needed to be above idle in the rpm range to move the FEL but not as high as the BX. I also liked the quick disconnect bucket on the FEL. I did not get a chance to look at one with a BH but I read a review on here that it was not up to par with the Massey construction wise. Another thing that bothered me was the tranny filter was very exposed and the same for the BX. The Massey was the only one with a guard for the filter. Hydraulic lines also hung down and were exposed. The 3pt hitch is a limided category 1.

My new Massey arrives Thursday. It was a little more than the BX or the JD but I also beleive it is more tractor. It was smooth and powerful. Nice insturments, standard quick connet FEL and BH. Hopefully it will work out for me. My advice is try them all out. Since it was winter I was able to push around snow in the parking lots of the dealers which really gives you a feel of using the hydro trans and the FEL controls.

Edit: I wanted to add that the Massey was a little more based on the financing option i took. Comparing cash prices the Massey was the cheapest.

Excellent comparison. I had the identical observations and conclusions when I compared the three. I agree with every point 100%. I could not have said it better. Thanks for posting a dead on review.

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #14  

The first was the BX (looked at the 25 and a holdover 24). It seemed ok but not what I had built it up to be in my mind.
1*It did the typical Kubota pop a wheeley when stopping in reverse (high gear)
The next was the Massey GC2410. As soon as I saw it the BX whatever was completely out of the picture. IMHO just no comparison.
2*The Massey looks and feels bigger.
The tractor can lift itself off the ground at idle speed and at full rpm the FEL and BH are nice and quick. The FEL is quick disconnect as is the BH.
prices the Massey was the cheapest.
1*This in no way includes all Kubotas nor all BXs for that matter .
2*They've always looked smaller to me.

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #15  
Have you looked at the Cub Cadet/Yanmar SC2450 as well? Sorry, running through the same stuff right now and saw the SC2450 yesterday for the first time. Dealer was closed on Sunday so I only saw it and did not drive it, but now I have to go check it out on Saturday.

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #16  
Have you looked at the Cub Cadet/Yanmar SC2450 as well? Sorry, running through the same stuff right now and saw the SC2450 yesterday for the first time. Dealer was closed on Sunday so I only saw it and did not drive it, but now I have to go check it out on Saturday.

The Cub Cadet dealer told me that the BH was a real PITA to remove and recommended leaving the BH attached, so I did not consider that brand in my final search for a tractor :eek:. KC

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #17  
Tough choice!

I went through the same procedure 2 yrs ago... Green, red, orange, white... I'll admit the financing available at the time on the MF was a big part of my decision, but I'd also agree that the MF is built a bit more ..robustly(?) than the BX series. Both, however, have gone through some improvements since then. I too preferred the slightly larger engine and slightly lower rpm of the MF.

It may well just come down to the dealer for you- which one seems to have the best support. Did you say your dealer handles both?? See if you can get some real seat time on each. Both the MF GC and the Kubota BX series are very capable, well-built machines, in my opinion. I expect to keep mine for a LONG time.

But I still like my red one better!:D:D

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!!
I talked to the local dealer who carries both Massey Ferguson and Kubota and was told that they do not handle the GC series from Massey. I called around and found a dealer who had one but he was 100 miles away and he priced me the GC2410 about $2000 higher than the BX25. I was wanting to stay with a dealer closer but there are none closer. Also, The GC2410 seems like a little better machine but is it $2000 better? All I need a tractor for is around the house and I only have about 2 acres to keep up. I think I might go with the Kubota because it is still a good machine plus the dealer is only 20 minutes from me but I still think I might have to go look at the GC2410 first.

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #19  

I talked to the local dealer who carries both Massey Ferguson and Kubota and was told that they do not handle the GC series from Massey. I called around and found a dealer who had one but he was 100 miles away and he priced me the GC2410 about $2000 higher than the BX25. I was wanting to stay with a dealer closer but there are none closer. Also, The GC2410 seems like a little better machine but is it $2000 better? All I need a tractor for is around the house and I only have about 2 acres to keep up. I think I might go with the Kubota because it is still a good machine plus the dealer is only 20 minutes from me but I still think I might have to go look at the GC2410 first.
I would not go 100 miles farther to pay 2000 .

/ BX25 or GC2410??? Please Help!!! #20  

I would not go 100 miles farther to pay 2000 more.