Price Check Woods Extreme Duty BB

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #1  

TCR78

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 210K
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows about how much a Woods Extreme Duty 84" BB would go for. I am in the NE, so I'm guessing it would be more than any place else. Here is a link: Woods Equipment Company - 72'', 77'' & 84'' Extreme-Duty Box Scrapers - XB Series

And this is what the closest dealer to me said: "The 2010 XB84 box scraper regularly lists for $3096, we are offering it to our customers at $2695. This price includes delivery to our store from Woods Equipment."

I don't know much about these but it seems high to me considering it's not a roll over and doesn't have a retractable scarifier, hydro or mechanical. It's kind of more than I wanted to spend and I wanted to keep it simple, so I was also looking at this one: Woods Equipment Company - 72'' & 84'' Medium-Duty Box Scrapers - HB Series TIA!

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #2  
   / Woods Extreme Duty BB #3  
I would think you will benefit by buying the better boxblade with hydraulic scarifiers or rollover box. From your prior posts I suspect it will get lots of use. Remember the saying "Buy it once and buy it right".

FYI, the msrp prices of the boxblades and landplanes have come down in the last year, when steel prices peaked a year or so ago the Frontier BB1284 had an msrp of $4600.00:shocked: Now it is about $3800 msrp and should sell for roughly $3300. I bought mine in 2005 for about $2400 new so the longer you wait the more it will cost I think.

One other thing you might look into is trying to find a good used one at rental stores as these are commonly used with the Deere 210, 210 LE and Case 480 landscape loaders. Most rental stores try to keep fresh inventory and are willing to sell anything they have that is used. This might save you a few coins and any problems should be obvious to see on this type purchase.

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #4  
The name brand heavy duty stuff is really expensive but near indestructable. The price advertised sounds about right to me. I was surprised that the scarifiers were an option. They are something I would want.

The other thing you might want to research is the floating tailgate. Some people like them and others don't. Do a search on the forum it has been discussed. For the best of both worlds some manufacture add a locking system to the floating tailgate so it can be fixed or float.

MarkV

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB
Thanks for the input. Haven't been in person yet, I'll probably go there today. Frontier makes a construction grade one too I believe. I'll look into that one as well.

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #6  
To TCR78: If you have a large enough tractor and HP to pull a 84"BB with power to spare you would be far better off getting the extra heavy duty BB. With power to spare you will hook something solid with the teeth and either brake something or bend the metal. If broken it can be wielded, if bent it is **** hard to put back to origanal shape. Another thing, working in wet or sticky soil like clay or wet snow you will be thankful that the tailgate is on a hindge, because both will cake in between the cutting blades and will not work the way it should. I know this 4 a fact because I have a BB1048 Frontier and I have this problem with both clay and wet snow. Good luck with what ever you do. Charles M. Poland, Central Illinois.......

Last edited:
   / Woods Extreme Duty BB #7  
Thanks for the input. Haven't been in person yet, I'll probably go there today. Frontier makes a construction grade one too I believe. I'll look into that one as well.

The Frontier BB1284 is a construction model.

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #8  
Compare both the XB72 (Woods extreme duty 6') and SR20 (Woods Heavy Duty 6') to the Frontier BB3272. My BB3272 cost around $1600.

For SR series, the win is manually retractable scarifier, the loose is 3/8" endplate (vs. .5" for Fontier), not quick hitch compatible and only 6 scarifiers (vs. 7 for Frontier).

For the XB series, the Woods weights 60# more and holds 24 cubic feet vs. the Frontier 21 cubic feet. Very similar, would probably come down to price.

And the BB1284 is the box blade I'd like to have but can't justify with my weekend warrior status.

Pete

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB #9  
Woods also distributes the Gannon industrial duty BB as well which is another 200lbs heavier and does have the retractable scarifiers.....

/ Woods Extreme Duty BB
Just ordered the BB3296 this morning from the same place I bought the tractor from. Not only did it come down to price, but I didn't really care for the local Woods dealer and that plays a big part in stuff like this for me. Even if the Frontier was the same price or a little more, I still probably would've gone with it because of the dealer. I truely believe that the dealer is almost as important as the product they are selling. He said they are made by Monroe Tufline, but I haven't heard too much about that company. Don't know if that's good or bad. Tho I will say that I liked the Woods BB a little more. I also could not justify any of the fancier models with hydraulics, etc. After all is said and done it will be just under $2500 for the BB & HTL from CCM. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited: