Checked out a JD 790

/ Checked out a JD 790 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I looked at a JD 790 last night, nice tractor and good price but, I felt gramped sitting in it , not much room to move around, the FEL control was pressed against my thigh and I see where this could be a problem. The orange one seems to have more operator room(2910-3010). This is one of the things I'll take in account when I buy....any thougths from you guys? PS I'm a tall person and leg room is important.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #2  
RoadTrash, the 790 is an economy class tractor or 'value model'. Kubota makes a economy model L3000DT which is also cramped. I bought the New Holland economy model, TC30. I chose this tractor because it has a large, roomy, open operator station. This tractor, unlike Deere and Kubota, can also be had with a hydrostatic transmission. The Deere, Kubota, and New Holland 'value' models are all 30 hp and are comparably priced. The Fel control is also mounted near the dash on the NH and Kubota. Good luck.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #3  
Operator station photo /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 46-183975-TC_operator.jpg
    46-183975-TC_operator.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 127
   / Checked out a JD 790 #4  
Overall photo /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 46-183976-tc30.jpg
    46-183976-tc30.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 117
   / Checked out a JD 790 #5  
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the TC30 has 1,600 lbs of 3pt hitch lift capacity compared to 800lbs for the JD790. The loader on the 790 is quicker and easier to attach and detach. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Checked out a JD 790 #6  
Thats a nice looking tractor. I have not looked at the NH's becouse I do not like the swoopey look of the body work. Guess I will have to take a look.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #7  
I am also tall. I had a B2910 for a little while but felt cramped in that too even though it felt better than the older JD series. I have the 3010 now and it is much, much roomier for me. I am very comfortable with that.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #8  
Hey Jerry! Where's the disclaimer saying this is merely a representation of your tractor, not your actual tractor /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif? I too looked at the TC30, but the wife was willing to buy a different brand at one exact moment in time, so did the deal while the "gettin was good". I would have gone with the TC30 myself. Great tractor for the money!

/ Checked out a JD 790 #9  
<font color=blue>"Where's the disclaimer saying this is merely a representation of your tractor, not your actual tractor?"</font color=blue>

I was wondering the same thing, but decided I'd be the nice guy and not make some smart alec remark about age, memory - things like that. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

After all, I did award his tractor a medal! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Checked out a JD 790 #10  
You're right. I should have learned my lesson the last time. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I don't have any pictures on file here at work of my Award Winning Tractor. Gonna have to send some from home. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif