eBay/Craigslist Got Scam?

/ Got Scam? #1  

Scotty370

Platinum Member
Tractor
318 John Deere, 4200 John Deere, 1947 John Deere "M"
Just putting this up here for a learning experiance! Found on Craigslist in Buffalo. Emailed with interest, figuring I'd get a response that it was suppose to read $26,000- not $2600! Tractor, tons of equipment, and 18' trailer! But, now it's not 30miles from me, it's in some warehouse somewhere. But not to worry "Free Shipping". E-mail said that she's also posted on E-Bay for a secure transfer! Notice how crafty these thiefs are. Their 'scam' E-Bay page looks like the real McCoy! Careful out there! ~Scotty

Darn, Now the price is $2900- instead of $2600-!!! I shoulda bought it on Craigslist!:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Got Scam? #2  
Thanks Scotty. There just doesn't seem to be an end to scams, does there?

/ Got Scam? #4  

DO NOT LOG INTO EBAY FROM THAT LINK IT'S A FAKE EBAY LISTING. LOOK AT THE ADDRESS. I OPENED UP EBAY FROM ELSEWARE AND PASTED THE NUMBER AND IT'S FAKE.

/ Got Scam? #5  
Folks,
Please don't post links to scams of Craig's List, E-Bay, etc... it opens up your fellow TBN members to clicking on the links and getting scammed, hacked, etc... Thanks. ;)

/ Got Scam? #6  
Thanks Mossroads,

If I wasn't a regular ebayer I could easily see how people could be taken.

/ Got Scam?
Moss- Thanks! It was an educational post, I thought! After I read your response,, I went to remove it, as you had already done. Lesson learned, and I won't do it again!! Just can't believe how crafty these low-lives can get! Thanks for your intervention! I also reported it to the "Real" E-bay.~Scotty

/ Got Scam? #8  
No problem. Glad to see people concerned enough to let their fellow man know about this stuff. :thumbsup:

/ Got Scam? #9  
Just putting this up here for a learning experiance! Found on Craigslist in Buffalo. Emailed with interest, figuring I'd get a response that it was suppose to read $26,000- not $2600! Tractor, tons of equipment, and 18' trailer! But, now it's not 30miles from me, it's in some warehouse somewhere. But not to worry "Free Shipping". E-mail said that she's also posted on E-Bay for a secure transfer! Notice how crafty these thiefs are. Their 'scam' E-Bay page looks like the real McCoy! Careful out there! ~Scotty

Darn, Now the price is $2900- instead of $2600-!!! I shoulda bought it on Craigslist!:D:D

Saw the same post by Katy this morning on Pittsburgh Craigslist. $2900.00 tractor trailer and a lot of attachments and loader. I just automatically flagged it.

/ Got Scam? #10  
These scams are all over Craigslist. I was looking in the Northern California area before I got my New Holland. Tons of tractors out there marked at $2500-3500. Tractor, loader, mower, backhoe, trailer. Ad's locally, but if you reply, it turns out it is in another state.

I replied to one, turned out it was suppossedly only about 1/2 hour from my Uncle in Oregon. Told them great; let my Uncle inspect and drive it, and I will have them cash.

They said it was at the shipper, "packed" already. The only tractors I have seen packed, is the couple of Kubota's and Massey's that I have seen being dropped off at a couple local dealers. They were in a crate, had no wheels installed, nor loader installed.

All the tractors I have heard about being shipped used, were open on a flatbed trailer...

Needless to say, the lady would not let it be inspected, nor even wanted a cash deal... But she sure wanted me to buy it, site unseen, with a guarentee from Ebay I could return it, free shipping, if I did not like it upon reciept.
Scammers...