Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #1  

zjolsen

I have both my local dealers at the exact same price! The JD dealership is about 3 miles away while the Kubota is about 10 miles away.. so that does not matter. Both dealers seem to very helpful... although the JD dealership is not too keen on dealing.. its a heres your price and take it ore leave it type of place.

So option 1 is:
John Deere 2305 4wd with 200CX FEL and 62" MMM (Included accessories are Engine block heater and grill guard)

OR

Kubota BX2360 4wd with FEL and 60" MMM. (Nothing else included for accessories)

Price on both is $13,900 w/o tax. JD wont offer me the 60 months at 0%, but will do the 48 months or 60 at 1.9%. Kubota obviously has the 60 at 0%.

For some reason.. I love that green paint.. I also like the pedal arrangements better than the kubota.

But really.. what one is a better machine? I was rooting for Kubota orginally, but after I saw the JD.. its really a toss up. Also, can I do any better on price?

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #2  
That's a better price on the JD than any I've been quoted.

You can probably do better on the Kubota. I can get a BX2660 w/MMM and Loader and for about what you were quoted on the 2360. You should contact Barlow's for a price check.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #3  
I actually think that is a pretty fair price for the Kubota. I assume you have driven them both. I'd buy which ever one you like better.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #4  
you can see how I went, and the pedal set up was one of the factors for me, the dealer I got mine from sold both, I just liked the JD better. But as has been said here before, you just got to try and see what fits and feels best for you. I think they are both great little tractors. as an FYI have seen and heard some good things about the Massy as well. Good luck and please post pics of your final decision.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #5  
Personally, I'd go with the deere, but I'm biased. In my opinion, in tractors less than 45-50 hp, I think they are fairly equal. Both are great tractors. Have fun with your new purchase.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #6  
Once you try them both you WILL like the pedal arrangement much better on the Deere. Simply put: better ergonomics. The more seat time you have, the more that will be apparent.
A REALLY big plus factor for the Deere is that you probably can drive the Deere in for service 3 miles rather than load on a trailer or pay to have it hauled for service. That alone would push me to a Deere in your situation.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #7  
I have a Deere and a Kubota, they are both very nice tractors, the peddle arrangement on the Kubota sucks, the Deere's are much more user friendly.
Don't have any idea why Kubota stuck their brake peddle on the same side as the go peddles.:thumbdown:

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #8  
:eek: Gosh fellas, I'm 77 years old and adapted to the reverse pedal being where it is and I grew up without automatic transmission. But I really do like that electric starter. It sure beats hand turning the crankshaft.:D

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #9  
I don't have a BX2360, but I do have a BX2660 AND a JD2305. I initially kind of liked the 2305 and tried hard, but now I absolutely hate it and bought my BX2660 about a year or so after buying the JD2305. I have the 2305 at another property where my son and grandson use it. As soon as my son gets off duty, I am going to winch it up on my trailer for a trip to the dealer as it won't start and have that fixed as well as the MMM AGAIN; third time.

I agree that John Deere makes good tractors, but I have been very disappointed in the 2305. This problem has not been unique to me.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/150274-2305-mmm-worth.html

You might check to see if this has been corrected on new models.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #10  
Drive them both. Ask the dealers for a demo, or rental for a day.

I like to have a good dealer. I would not though, that the Kubota I just sold, was rock solid for the 11 years or so I owned it(was 10 years old when I got it). I never needed dealer support, except for filters.

Keep an open mind. I was looking at another Kubota(L3410) and similar JD's, used. For price, dealer, and features, I wound up with a New Holland.

Hard to say the machines you are mentioning are better than one another. Both great machines, just slightly different features, and ergonomics. About like asking which is best, a Ford/GM/Dodge pickup. All are pretty equal, but you'd never know it by all the discussion that goes on.

Oh, and if you decide on paint color, Farmall Red tops them all :D

For some reason.. I love that green paint.. I also like the pedal arrangements better than the kubota.

But really.. what one is a better machine? I was rooting for Kubota orginally, but after I saw the JD.. its really a toss up. Also, can I do any better on price?