Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360

I have both my local dealers at the exact same price! The JD dealership is about 3 miles away while the kubota is about 10 miles away.. so that does not matter. Both dealers seem to very helpful... although the JD dealership is not too keen on dealing.. its a heres your price and take it ore leave it type of place.

So option 1 is:
    John Deere 2305 4wd with 200CX FEL and 62" MMM (Included accessories are Engine block heater and grill guard)

OR

Kubota BX2360 4wd with FEL and 60" MMM. (Nothing else included for accessories)

Price on both is $13,900 w/o tax. JD wont offer me the 60 months at 0%, but will do the 48 months or 60 at 1.9%. Kubota obviously has the 60 at 0%.

For some reason.. I love that green paint.. I also like the pedal arrangements better than the kubota.

But really.. what one is a better machine? I was rooting for Kubota orginally, but after I saw the JD.. its really a toss up. Also, can I do any better on price?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Default Re: Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360

That's a better price on the JD than any I've been quoted.

You can probably do better on the kubota. I can get a BX2660 w/MMM and Loader and for about what you were quoted on the 2360. You should contact Barlow's for a price check.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I actually think that is a pretty fair price for the kubota. I assume you have driven them both. I'd buy which ever one you like better.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS & Power Beyond Kit

you can see how I went, and the pedal set up was one of the factors for me, the dealer I got mine from sold both, I just liked the JD better. But as has been said here before, you just got to try and see what fits and feels best for you. I think they are both great little tractors. as an FYI have seen and heard some good things about the Massy as well. Good luck and please post pics of your final decision.
    John Deere 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS
    200CX Loader, 47" Snowblower, 54" Deck, PowerHorse 3ph 13 ton logsplitter

Tractor
    1974 Ford 3000 and 2009 John Deere 5101E Limited

Personally, I'd go with the deere, but I'm biased. In my opinion, in tractors less than 45-50 hp, I think they are fairly equal. Both are great tractors. Have fun with your new purchase.
    2009 John Deere 5101E
    1974 Ford 3000

Once you try them both you WILL like the pedal arrangement much better on the deere. Simply put: better ergonomics. The more seat time you have, the more that will be apparent.
    A REALLY big plus factor for the Deere is that you probably can drive the Deere in for service 3 miles rather than load on a trailer or pay to have it hauled for service. That alone would push me to a Deere in your situation.
    2003 Massey Ferguson 2925, 25hp Hydro, 60" shaft drive mower deck, 60" manual blade, 47" shaft drive two stage snow blower.
    2008 New Holland T2310 Deluxe 40hp FWD Boomer, Dual power hydro/ 250TL FEL/ 758C BH/ 105A HD 72" gear tiller, Woods GB72 box scraper, Arrow Material Handling Mighty Max 48" pallet forks.

Tractor
    JD 4310 / Kubota 2350

I have a Deere and a kubota, they are both very nice tractors, the peddle arrangement on the Kubota sucks, the Deere's are much more user friendly.
    Don't have any idea why Kubota stuck their brake peddle on the same side as the go peddles.
    John

Kubota 2350, MMM, Front Snowblower and Rear Blade

JD 4310, FEL, Forks, Box Blade, Rear Blade and Rear Tiller

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Gosh fellas, I'm 77 years old and adapted to the reverse pedal being where it is and I grew up without automatic transmission. But I really do like that electric starter. It sure beats hand turning the crankshaft.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I don't have a BX2360, but I do have a BX2660 AND a JD2305. I initially kind of liked the 2305 and tried hard, but now I absolutely hate it and bought my BX2660 about a year or so after buying the JD2305. I have the 2305 at another property where my son and grandson use it. As soon as my son gets off duty, I am going to winch it up on my trailer for a trip to the dealer as it won't start and have that fixed as well as the MMM AGAIN; third time.

I agree that John deere makes good tractors, but I have been very disappointed in the 2305. This problem has not been unique to me.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...mmm-worth.html

You might check to see if this has been corrected on new models.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Drive them both. Ask the dealers for a demo, or rental for a day.

I like to have a good dealer. I would not though, that the kubota I just sold, was rock solid for the 11 years or so I owned it(was 10 years old when I got it). I never needed dealer support, except for filters.

Keep an open mind. I was looking at another Kubota(L3410) and similar JD's, used. For price, dealer, and features, I wound up with a New Holland.

Hard to say the machines you are mentioning are better than one another. Both great machines, just slightly different features, and ergonomics. About like asking which is best, a Ford/GM/Dodge pickup. All are pretty equal, but you'd never know it by all the discussion that goes on.

Oh, and if you decide on paint color, Farmall Red tops them all

Quote Originally Posted by zjolsen View Post
    For some reason.. I love that green paint.. I also like the pedal arrangements better than the kubota.

But really.. what one is a better machine? I was rooting for Kubota orginally, but after I saw the JD.. its really a toss up. Also, can I do any better on price?
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast