Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger???

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #1  

Klorinth

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana T2334 HST
So I went to the dealer to check on a special sale.

They are offering the T2334 for $9900. 23 HP HST, 4WD with loader, etc. 6hrs on the clock. 3 year warranty.

I played with it a little. Nice machine. Much better construction then I expected. Heavy, thick welds, strong loader, 3PH. I like the loader controls, much nicer then what the new LS has. That one needs to be redesigned.

I need the Loader, 4WD, and the ability to have ground engaging implements. I can't have those with my JD455 AWS. Just not going to happen.

Wife is willing to say yes if I sell the JD. I would be using the machine to do work she wants done... :thumbsup: from the CFO is amazing.

Do I put down the deposit? Sign the papers? I only have one day to think about this.

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #2  
I'd say go ahead if it is what you like, (and I'd like the Deere 455 AWS :D ).
The value of those stalwarts are high, for good reasons.

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger???
You are completely right about the JD 455. I like it. It has been good to me and I would continue to use it for years. I just need more function. I need the FEL, 3PH, and rear PTO. More than I need the AWS and MMM.

I have trees to mow around, but I can do that with the little riding mower. Mowing around the house is also the riding mowers job.

I need to move stuff around, clean out a barn, pull a cultivator or tiller, and mow some rough pasture.

As far as I can tell the Montana seems to have most of the things that people like in their other machines. Weight, power, control layout, FEL lift power/speed, 3PH strength, folding ROP's, etc. Plus it is priced to sell. I can't get all of those things for $10K, not from another company. I could go with Mahindra, but there is no local dealer. Mahindra has even better deals actually. But I am not buying a machine from a dealer that is 7 hours away.

I may just have to decide.

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #4  
So I went to the dealer to check on a special sale.

They are offering the T2334 for $9900. 23 HP HST, 4WD with loader, etc. 6hrs on the clock. 3 year warranty.

I need the Loader, 4WD, and the ability to have ground engaging implements.
1*I can't have those with my JD455 AWS. Just not going to happen.
1*One reason why I got a BX1500

2*I'd like the Deere 455 AWS :D ).
2*I had to get a BX1500 because the JD x455 wasn't enough tractor.

I have decided to go for it.

I know what some of you are thinking... risky future.

The dealer is selling LS tractors as well and does all the work on site. They are doing well with the sales and have good mechanics. Friendly and very helpful.

It's actually the mechanic that sold me. He was willing to talk about the machines, compare them to others that he has worked on, including the Kubotas he repaired at the last dealership he worked for. Little details like the cost markup on the rear hydraulics on the Kubotas. Talked about the engines, hydraulics, pumps, frame, etc. Even offered info about the same machines they have already sold over the last two years and what kinds of repairs they needed.

I like what I see and I can see getting a lot of work out of it. I need a machine for pounding fence posts first thing this summer, and I need to extend a road to a building site. Once that is done I will look at slowly prep'ing the site. I realize that some of this is big work for a small machine, but I don't intend to do anything quickly. I will be taking a slow and steady plan.

Anyway, the deposit is done. Now I just need to sell the JD. I can take delivery on Saturday. Added a 48" Rotary cutter to it as well. Can't get that till April though. Apparently Buhler has sold out of the 48". No worries, no grass till May anyway.

Let us all walk to the edge and take the plunge!

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #6  
It's only $$ and we only go around once! Spend it if you got it and enjoy the Seat time!

Cheers:thumbsup:

You are completely right about it only being $$, I'll spend it anyway.

Delivery is Sunday morning. Now I will just need to let the ground thaw and dry a little more before I can start moving topsoil.

I'm looking at possibly buying a leveler as well. Guy has a used one for sale cheap. That would help smooth out the rough pasture and extend the little road. My wife may regret sayign yes to this... :) ... If I create the road she will be happy though cause then she gets to build here arena next.

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #8  
Here is my tractor story. Got married said I wanted a place with land. She says why? I say so I can have a tractor. She says why do you need a tractor? I say so I can have a place with land.

Buy house and 2 days latter buy brand new tractor, FEL, finish mower, grader blade, posh hole digger. She shakes her head. She hates it until she comes home from Lowes with a bed full of new flowers she needs planted. She wants a 20' by 12' raised bed. We had done this by hand at our old place. Anyway 2 passes with my tractor and all the sod is removed. Jump in the truck and go get a few yards of screened topsoil at the local quarry (1.5miles away) and 2 hours later job is done. She loves the tractor now. She gets a plowed drive, big rocks moved, ect.

She was really sold when we built our deck. Last place we built a small deck with only 8 post. New deck had 40 post. We used the 3 point PHD and dug and set all the post in 2 bags sac-crete each in 6 hours. Old deck took us 1 hour per post so a whole day for only 8 post. She is now sold.

Chris

/ Montana T2334, Do I pull the Trigger??? #9  
The T2334 is the same as a TYM T233. Nice tractor, with a lot of capability for its size. I think it's even small enough to mow with. You will miss your 455 for that task though.

I will miss the JD 455. It is nice to mow with. Far better then the LA the wife wanted. But I have no intention of having all that much true lawn. The lawn is only around the house. The rest of the yard is to be functional only. I have 37 acres of open land. I don't need to be mowing all the time.

Wild short grass prairie is fine with me. That is the reason for the rotary cutter. I can mow the larger yard a couple times every season with that.

I noticed a post hole auger for sale near by. Might be worth thinking about seeing as the wife has deck dreams as well. For now I need to find someone with a post pounder that I can rent. I need a couple thousand feet of fencing in the next couple of months. First big job for the new toy. :)