Buying a boxblade

/ Buying a boxblade #1  

Briarwood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I have a Woods rotary mower and have been quite satisfied with it behind my B2710. I want to buy a box blade/scraper and ran across a 60" Agco (think I spelled it right). Is anyone familiar with this brand and how they compare with Woods. I think I can get the Agco about $50 to $100 less than the Woods and its "orange." Is the Agco a good boxblade and will I have any problems with it fitting my B2710?

Briarwood

/ Buying a boxblade #2  
Briarwood,
Try looking at this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.firstchoiceequipment.net/Box_Blades/Box_Blade_Choices.htm>First Choice</A>
And they even powder coat paint in <font color=orange>Orange

/ Buying a boxblade
Jerry

Read about First Choice in some previous posts. Went to their website and sent an email about two weeks ago. Wrote I needed box blade for my B2710. No reply from them. Figured, if they were interested in my business, they would have replied so I looked elsewhere.

John

/ Buying a boxblade #4  
John:

You might try sending a personal message to either Pieterv or JimMc through TBN. They are members here at TBN who are also affiliated with The First Choice organization. They have been good at answering other the questions of other TBN members.

/ Buying a boxblade #5  
You can call them at 888-945-3102. I've found them to be extremely responsive. Good luck.I've got an old beater of a box blade I wouldn't mind selling so I could get one of theirs.

/ Buying a boxblade #6  
I have been very happy with the Woods 48 inch box blade. The extra weight of it compared to others is useful when scarifying compacted dirt. Also the extra 1/2 inch steel reinforcement on the runner surface reduces any flex in the box when grading or back filling.
Go for the Woods, my cost was $400.

/ Buying a boxblade #7  
I have sent you a PM. Sorry you've had trouble getting a response. We would, of course be happy to have you as a customer.

/ Buying a boxblade #8  
John,

Just picked up my First Choice Box blade a couple of weeks ago. Great tool. Very well built and the price is most likely significantly cheaper than the Woods you are after. Depending on where you live you should be able to get ahold of a supplier and they should be able to provide you with a matching color for your tractor.

/ Buying a boxblade #9  
JimMc,
I am also looking for a boxblade and was wondering if there are any First Choice dealers located in Southern Illinois?

Buck85

/ Buying a boxblade #10  
We have several in Southern Illinois, plus that's where they are manufactured. I live in Harrisburg. Email me and I'll find the one nearest you.